• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Duron 1200+ Question.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steverz

i have a amd duron 1200+ that runs at 892 mhz w/ 384 mb of ram. i have amibios which doesnt support messing with my core voltage so i was wondering if there was any tutorials or if anyone can help me get my system up to around 1 ghz or higher. thanks. any help would be great.

They are actually a Duron 850 and i doubt there is much chance of overclocking at all on them. Not a very wise purchase if you intended to overclock.

right, the pr ratings were designed for the athlon-xp core w/ 256kL2 cache, not the much older duron spitfire core with very little cache at all. Athlon-xp beats t-bird core athlon beats morgan core duron beats what you have. How the heck they can call it a 1200+ under the PR system beats me, should be something like 700+, as athlon-xp beats it MHz for MHz.

thanks for the info guys....i didnt intend to overclock but now i wish i wouldve paid closer attention to it. thanks again.

Back