• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX-4100 5.124 ghz OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spencerearl1996

http://valid.canardpc.com/2786608

5.124 ghz on a modified stock fx8350 cooler. Mod is a larger 92 mm fan vs the stock 60 mm. This is an all time personal high overclock for me also.

No it is not stable at a 100% load but this is a STOCK cooler along with for some reason the motherboard wanted the voltage to be really high once I got past 5 ghz.

welcome to the 5.0+ club, we are glad you made it!!!! ( i think he needs some more vcore though)

Thanks guys! My daily overclock all day long is 4.75 ghz at 1.42 volts. Did 6 hours and 36 minutes of prime 95 and never got above 55 C.

Quite true Drake, since it took 1.71 Vcore to reach 5.5Ghz moon-shot CPUz Validation, with C_D's FX-6300 on good water.
RGone...
I'm thinking that 6.0 will be near impossible without sub-zero. I would think it would require way too much V core to live under h20. Then again you never know, Isn't this Caddi's territory? Where is he, probably mud bogging through town with the town folk chasing after him with pitchforks. Yeeehawwww! :)

I'm thinking that 6.0 will be near impossible without sub-zero. I would think it would require way too much V core to live under h20. Then again you never know, Isn't this Caddi's territory? Where is he, probably mud bogging through town with the town folk chasing after him with pitchforks. Yeeehawwww! :)

C_D could not stand it. He is now testing a new FX-8350 cpu. HEhehe. He said he would post some results in my "Does FX-8350 flatline after 4.3Ghz" thread.

He was priming at a pretty decent voltage for 4.6Ghz, when I talked to him and he may have a good FX-8350. The jury of course is still out. You know he has the type of good water we all have to have for big Mhz, so we will see what we see when he posts up some numbers.
RGone...ster.

EDIT:
His mud-booger thru him snake-eyes and he bit the mud-hole. TIG or MIG now required. Hehehe. 12 cylinders and 6 carbs find those wonky design areas and shett falls off on the ground. So I think he has had to make his EvuhClare runs on this new acquisition.
Porsche Custom Motorcycle
http://www.speedbourne.com/2012/12/17/porsche-custom-motorcycle/
END EDIT.
:ty::salute:

Last edited:
don't you worry Mr. Mandrake, aint no other mule fixxen to be kicking in MY stall.
1.584??????? I do that at 4.4.......... he has to clear about 1.8 and be two hours prime 95 stable just to run even with me.

New 8350 oh boy I can't wait to see the results. Ill check out the link when I'm off 3G.

Next goal is 6 ghz with a water cooler!

That won't happen I'm afraid, you won't make that clock unless you go cold with the CPU, I only just made 6ghz+ using dice, and the vcore was touching 1.8v at times which will almost certainly kill you're CPU after a few minutes, its nice to make a high validation but not worth the risk, its good to reach 5ghz+ but you can only push that 4100 so far before it will give up :cry:

EA358249-53CE-4384-9578-75B63E43BF86-5163-000000CFEC4FCAB1_zps6fcf786d.jpg

Back