• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 4300 3.8GHZ NEED POINTERS FOR OVERCLOCKING

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IRON_MIKE

Registered
OK MUCH WORDS MAKE PEOPLE GETTING BORED...SO

PSU : Inter-Tech Nitrox SL-750W v2.3
MOBO : Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU : AMD FX 4300 3.8GHZ BLACK EDITION (Stock cooler)
GRAPHICS : ASUS R7 240 4GB OC (Stock cooler)
RAM : Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB DDR3-1866MHz
HARD DISK : Kingston 128 GB SSD V300 + HDD 500GB storage

NEED HELP OVERCLOCKING THIS AMD FX 4300 FIRST AS EARTHDOG SUGGESTED YESTERDAY AND THEN I CAN ASK ABOUT THE REST....

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE...

Last edited:
Welcome Mike, let's see what we can do. I would suggest reading this guide first http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688663

Then we'll see how it stands right now with a short stability test. The stock cooler can be limited in it's ability so we'll see what kind of headroom you might have.
Start by downloading P95, CPU-z and HWMonitor free version. Then open HWMonitor to desktop and run P95 blend test for about 20 minutes and post a SS afterward. We'd also like to see Shots of CPU-z main, memory and SPD tabs.

This is the what...

...the what and how it should look of what "johan45" is referring to in getting a baseline established if one wishes to overclock and knowing there will be setbacks since overclocking is a trial and error process.
RGone...

This is what we need to see for sure and a real good starting point.

Normally during setup and testing we disable C1/E, C6, Cool N Quiet, APM, TurboCore and in windows performance manager itself we set to "performance" mode. ALSO if you have HPC in bios you would ENABLE it. That way there are not "other" settings messing with the overclocking process. Some of those settings are not available on all models of cpu but where in evidence we disable for setup of overclock process.

CPU Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

Memory Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

SPD Tab in CPUz from CPUID com
attachment.php

And this is screen capture of HWMonitor (free version) from CPUID com
HWMonitor has been scrolled enough and large enough to show Min/Max of Voltages and includes the CPU CORE TEMPS / "package" temps fully visible. Latest versions of HWMonitor show the CPU Core Temp as " a Package Temp" and is only shown as a single temp since there were never multple, individual core temp sensors anyway.

This capture is made of HWMonitor after it has been open and running on the desktop logging Min/Max temps and voltages while Prime 95 was running Blend Mode test on all cores for at least 20 mins and then the capture of HWMonitor was made and it shows the Min/Max temps and voltages before P95 Blend was started and while running P95 Blend mode and gives much greater insight into how the system is performing without guessing.

attachment.php

In order to attach screenshots of INDIVIDUAL images as suggested, first crop and capture the images with Snipping Tool found in Windows Accessories or equivalent. Then click on Go Advanced, a button at the bottom of every new post window. Then click on the little paperclip tool at the top of the Advanced post window when it opens. Clicking on the paperclip tool brings up the file browser/upload tool and the rest is fairly obvious.

ok that was fast...... thank you guys ...... first things first.....i just downloaded CPU-Z G1 , HWMONITOR 1.26 version, Prime 95 and set the perfomance manager to "perfomance"

by the way i run windows 7 home premium 64bit
i will start reading the guide you posted and come back with post of what you asked me...thank you very much...getting started and let you know

sorry for the delay....you see i have a 18month old daughter all over me ...hehehe....anyway....what i did so far is
C1/E DISABLE
C6 DISABLE
APM DISABLE
COOL N QUIET DISABLE
HPC DISABLE
WINDOWS PERFOM SET TO HIGH PERFOM... AND THIS IS HOW MY STATUS IS

Attachments

• CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    23 KB · Views: 1,329
  • MEMORY.PNG
    MEMORY.PNG
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,293
  • SPD.PNG
    SPD.PNG
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,297
  • HWMONITOR.PNG
    HWMONITOR.PNG
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,344
When the box pops up selct Just testing and select the blend option.

ok this the screen of prime 95

Attachments

• prime after 25 min.PNG
    prime after 25 min.PNG
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,300
  • cpu after 20min prime.PNG
    cpu after 20min prime.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 1,372
What I wanted to see was HWMonitor while under load to see how highthe temps get and voltage you're using.

Just like this link...

...like link when under load. No real need to show a capture of P95 Blend mode as you either are doing okay with it or it is failing somehow. Nothing really valuable in a capture of P95 Blend unless it were very large since the 'failure' reason is very small print. But the other four captures are just about a must since we cannot reach your rig.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...OVERCLOCKING?p=7783852&viewfull=1#post7783852

RGone...

We definetely want the temps at stock clocks since you're using stock cooling!Of course, fx 4xxx is not that hot but overclocking on stock cooler can be disastrous. Greek here as well! :D

Back