• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX-55 OC'ing Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just wondering if these scores are about right?

Capture028.jpg

Would it not be better to up the FSB and leave the multi at 13 so that you are overclocking the RAM a bit as well. I've eard of people even lowering their multi so they can hav a higher FSB freqency so overclocking the RAM more.

I tried for 2.8GHz again at 1.575V. I used the blend test in Ortos but in a few minutes it said I had "component failure" :rolleyes:

Well I managed to get 2.8GHz (216x13) stable but I had to go to 1.6V. I left the RAM at 1:1. My temps were fairly high using Orthos.

tamps28ghz16v5jk.jpg

CoreCenter was showing a temp of 52C while Core Temp showed 45C, which of these would be right? When the temps are lower they show the same ±1C. Would it be safe to try 1.625V if necessary? Anyway I should be able to get 2.85GHz with 1.6V.

Well i recently started o/cing. as of december when i got my x2 3800+ a good place to start is leaving the cpu multiplier at the stock setting. looking for the ram setting and try setting it to 133 or something lower than 200mhz so you can push the htt. then look for your htt multiplier setting. itll be at 1ghz to start off with, setting and try lowering it to 3x or so will be 600mhz . then just up the htt from 200 by 5 mhz and boot up, if its stable 5mhz more untill its not stable. then we'll see what else we can do.

Not sure what writing on the CPU indicates the stepping so here's a pic of my cpu, that was before it was lapped :D

fx551pl.jpg

anybody what? i couldn't see the question do you mean the stepping on your cpu? also i notice on your picture of you're core center that your cpu fan speed reads at low at 51c try turning it up to high if it isan't maybe that will lower your temps.

Serlant said:
anybody what? i couldn't see the question do you mean the stepping on your cpu? also i notice on your picture of you're core center that your cpu fan speed reads at low at 51c try turning it up to high if it isan't maybe that will lower your temps.

QuietIce asked about the stepping, I wasn't sure so I put the pic up. Is it a good stepping?

The speeds you are seeing is for my PSU and Northbridge, the Northbridge has a Thermalright HR-05-SLI on it with a 80mm fan. My CPU fan in connected to my Zalman fan controller.

Last edited:
I found a couple with that stepping on XtremeSystems that were doing pretty good. One guy (on phase) was hitting 3.6GHz and that's NOT a typo. The others I saw were 2900+ & almost 3000 on water. So, to answer your original question - I think if you're gonna' push that chip to the max you're going to need better cooling ... :)

I'm going to push as far as I can. I probably going to pop the cap on it over the weekend and if it fry's well it will give me a good excuse to get an Opty :D

Back