• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD fx 6100 3.3Ghz and CM 212 Evo Combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scepanmali

Hey guys,

Just want some input, if someone have AMD fx 6100 3.3Ghz processor in combination with CM 212 Evo.
I currently have stock cooler and want to buy 212 Evo and I don't know if this is going to solve heating problem.

Processor temperatures are around 54C at full load, but TMPIN1 goes to 90C(also at full load) and then(of course) processor start to step down performance. And this is without overclocking.
I play games and doing encoding of the videos.

So, if someone have this combination, please tell me your experience with it.
I know that my case have to do with temps, so don't ask me please :)

Thanks in advance guys and I hope I didn't ask something stupid and aggravate someone.

You should start by doing 2 things. Your temps dictate that you have a problem with your heatsink mounting, or with your case airflow. You should first find out which it is.

The first thing you should do is check out what happens to these temperatures when you remove the side of your case allowing your stock heatsink to use the room air. This reduces any impact the case airflow may have. If your temperatures are better then, your best bet is fixing your case airflow problem.

The next thing to try is removing the stock heatsink, checking the base to see if it looks like there is good contact, and remounting it to ensure its on correctly. Then see if temps are improved. Ideally, you'd clean off the existing thermal paste from heatsink/CPU and apply fresh also.

hi, is your pc shutting off? if not i doubt anything is 90c that is where failure starts to become an option. Where did you get the 54c number from? Also what does that TMPIN1 say the temp is at idle? Or even shut the computer down let it cool off boot it up and go right to that tmpin1 and see what it is.

I don't think there is anything getting that hot though. What motherboard do you have by the way?

Are you overclocking? Or is that at the 3.3GHz? As far as the EVO is concerned it is probably one of the best cheap heat sinks out there. If the evo doesn't fit you could even get the minny evo but your stock AMD cooler should be able to cool you down enough even with some light overclocking. You can OC just a little bit usually without upping the voltage, not always though and then you should be able to up the voltage a tiny amount and get a little bit more. Your computer will shut off before it breaks itself and 90 is a very bad number but I just don't see anything on that computer actually being 90c if the cpu is at 54c

That is if the CPU is the reading that you get from the CPU core and not the socket temp.

IMOG knows better than me just FYI and I didn't post the above after his post I started typing before he posted so please no hate mail.

But still I just don't see 90 if the cpu is saying 54, not trying to dispute anyone hear though.

Is TMPIN1 just a mobo sensor that could be whacked?

Not sure what mobo you have but is it possibly the Mosfet temp?

54C full load, use Coretemp to monitor the AMD chip you have. 54C isn't that bad unless what your using to measure temps isn't very acurate, your CPU clould be hotter.

That's a good possibility that the tmpin1 reading is bogus, in that case there could be nothing wrong. Probably better to figure out what tmpin1 is, and if its anything to worry about.

Thanks guys for answering that fast :)

I have MSI 870-C45 fx V2 motherboard.
At idle, TMPIN is around 40ish.
Processor is loosing performance after 3 or 4 minutes and starts to go from 100% to 34%,
then 50 something and that really bothers me because it's slowing down rendering times significantly.

I am using HW monitor to get the readings.
This is a new build and I put it myself, so I know that I mounted the cooler properly.

It doesn't shut down but when it reaches some temps, it starts to step down from 3.3 to base (1.4Ghz)
frequency and then back up again.

I don't know how to see what TMPIN1 is?
If you know how can I find out, please tell me and I would be very happy to learn something new.
I think that is the socket temp, though.

Hardware monitoring is Fintek F71889ED. Maybe this means something.

Last edited:
Not sure if HW monitor reads AMD right. So look at Coretemp instead.

These snsors are on the mobo, and it's hard to figure out what is what, is the coding that the temp monitors correct, are the sensors themselves worth a crap? It's something we put up with all the time.

Maybe your Mobo forums can help to at least know what that temp is.

You got an extra fan you can put on the Mosfet heatsinks by the CPU and see what happens?

We are still awaiting the case side off test and we know little about your case etc.

Try the above, we'll keep long distance troubleshooting.

Your first build? I remember the days.... Early 1990's

No, no, not my first build.
It's 5th whole mine build and 40ish partial friend's builds.
You know how it goes :)

I just put my comp under Prime95 and I got 79C max after 20 mins at full load, when I removed side panel.
I brought back side panel during test(but removed some throat that was reaching heat sink fan from side panel)
and temps went to 84C and fan is not reaching 100%. It's better than 90+ C before.
TMPIN1 is processor's sensor, I am 70% sure.

My case is from previous builds and it has only one, I believe, 80mm fan.
It's not enough, but do you guys think that if I buy 212 Evo, it would be fine?

I have to mention that room temps are around 18 to 20C.

Sorry for my english :)
It is not my mother language.

No, your case is wayy outdated. one 80mm fan ain't cutting it these days. Nunber one issue you have to deal with.

That cooler will help a LOT. If you plan to push the overclocks you need a top cooler and you need a case 8.5" wide to start to fit these new coolers.

I know but I am out of money :(
I live in Serbia and here salaries are 350 dollars a month, so yeah...
I 'll have to wait a bit. I wont be overclocking soon for apparent reasons.

Thanks guys a lot :)
You have been very helpful and sorry for my English again.

Your English is very good, no worries.

You might need to leave the side of the case off then, it won't hurt anything.

$350 a month, but what is your food cost and rent etc?

It's just the imbalance all this stuff is generated by more affluent countries and your going to have to compete with your wages with what you make. Sorry about the money issue. You've had a tough life, keep your head up, try to become one of the rich in a newly developing country, there are lots of possibilities.

At least your able to do what you can, imagine the Ethiopian on $.50 a day.

If a fan is your issue then taking the side of the case off and putting a house fan pointed at will alleviate all of those problems. The one thing that confuses me is that your core temp is ok but something else is not. That is not normal and to me means something is broken or perhaps the heat sink for something is not working the way it should perhaps it separated from its thermal tape or it's TIM. If taking the side of the case off and pointing a house fan at the case does not fix it then it is surely something broken. Even if it does fix it this is a lot more cooling then a few case fans will afford. So it doesn't mean case fans will resolve the issue then again it doesn't mean they will not. If the house fan resolves the issue try running it at a lower speed and a greater distance. Try to find the lowest speed and greatest distance that it still resolves the issue if this seems like a moderate amount of cooling and something a case fan could supply then great if it seems to be many multiples more than a case fan would supply then something else is wrong.

Good luck

Back