• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Fx 6300 overclock 4.3 ghz help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a cooler master midi tower with one chassis fan on front that pulls the air in and one chassis fan on the back that pushes the air out through the radiator of the h60. I dont know the exakt model of the coolermaster but it looks like coolermaster elite 311 and just have access to two chassis fans.
I'd start by getting more airflow though the case, try pulling the side panel off and see if the temps drop. If they do you need more air flow. You are also going to need address the VRM/NB section heat, getting more airflow though the case will help but it's likely it will not be enough. Using spot fans mounted on them is helpful. Usually 50mm fans will do the trick but you can also use 80mm if you have them handy. As far as the NB voltage goes the BIOS SS shows 1.25 which is not a lot you should be fine with it there.

now i have managed to run prime95 blend for 3.5 hours without any crashes or failures.
do you guys think these temps are alright?
ill look into fixing my airflow and get a fan for the North bridge in the future though

hwmonitor123.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

now i have managed to run prime95 blend for 3.5 hours without any crashes or failures.
do you guys think these temps are alright?
ill look into fixing my airflow and get a fan for the North bridge in the future though

hwmonitor123.jpg

looking at the screen shots you are right on the tenps we like to see for 24/7 use.

tmpin0/ socket max should be 72c, mid 60's for 24/7 use

package max should be 62c, mid 50's for 24/7 use.

re looking it over, your northbribge is VERY hot and needs more airflow, a spot fan will help and pulling the voltage back will help

If you passes 3.5 hours it's stable in my book, definitely address the NB temperature.

Back