• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 8150 seems sluggish

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

br0tz34

Registered
well ive had this cpu for about 4 months now and love it but it just seems to be slower all of the sudden, like the past 2 days now i click and its got like a delayed reaction. Now my temps are normal, it is OC'd at 4.2GHZ at 1.30V give or take a bit. I have been getting into torrenting and maybe i could of got a virus from that? idk im puzzled, any ideas???:bang head

Thats possible (virus)... but normally clicking on stuff is limited by your HDD, not your CPU.. Have you defragged lately?

no i havent, im doing it right now, i have a TB HDD and its no where close to being full what do you think it could be or how could this happen?

Need to defrag has nothing to do with the capacity of the HDD. It has everything to do with bits and pieces of files being scattered all over.

Have you checked the system resource meter while it is being sluggish to check on the CPU load?

Have you checked the system resource meter while it is being sluggish to check on the CPU load?

If you are seeing a heavy Cpu load when you are really doing nothing, then you could have virus or most likely a trojan calling home all the time or even trojan acting as if it is nearly a key-loggeer that will be loading the system and taking up Cpu power/resources instead of being ready to do what you wish quickly.

ok so i defragged it and its working great now and no at idle my cpu isnt under any load, thanks guys

Back