• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX-8350 @ 5.0GHz STABLE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BusinessRogue

Here is my current overclock on my computer. I've uploaded some pictures of the system also.

Specs :

CORSAIR AIR 540 | CORSAIR AX1200i | GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD7 REV 3.0
AMD 8350 Vishera 5.0GHz @ 1.525V | CORSAIR H100i Push/Pull | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 32GB DDR3 1600Mhz
KINGSTON HYPER 3K 120GB (2) RAID 0 | SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1.5TB (4) RAID 5 | EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW ACX (SLI) | CORSAIR AX1200i​

5GHzOC8hrStressTest_zps12725ddb.jpg

IMAG0156_zps17964607.jpg

IMAG0157_zps145bcc75.jpg

IMAG0159_zps48d4de5b.jpg

Nice rig. I love those cases. I wanted to get one, but I need 3 5.25" drive bays in the front(disk drive,nxzt fan controller, and card reader). And I have 4 drives 1 SSD and 3 HDD's. I had to settle with the Corsair C70 with a modded side window.

Nice rig. I love those cases. I wanted to get one, but I need 3 5.25" drive bays in the front(disk drive,nxzt fan controller, and card reader). And I have 4 drives 1 SSD and 3 HDD's. I had to settle with the Corsair C70 with a modded side window.

I really like it too, and it does a great job of keeping everything cool. The only thing I do NOT like is how much of a mess the wiring gets on the right side (PSU side) of the case. Definitely becomes a huge pain when adding any new internal parts.

I was able to get this CPU to overclock to 5.4GHz :mad: and boot but then it crashed about 30 seconds into Windows at 1.545V on the VCore and the temps were horrible. It was fun while it lasted - so I settled for 5.0GHz.

I would really like to get two 512GB SSD's or maybe (4) 256GB SSD's as I hear the more SSD's you have in tandem the faster they work - in benchmarks at least.

I'm thinking of getting a larger case, stripping everything out of this one - selling my two 770's and getting four GPU's (not yet figured out which ones) and water cool the WHOLE damn thing.

I was able to get this CPU to overclock to 5.4GHz and boot but then it crashed about 30 seconds into Windows at 1.545V on the VCore and the temps were horrible. It was fun while it lasted - so I settled for 5.0GHz.

I would call that a damn good settle. Now I'm wanting a new case, does it ever stop?

Just curious, have you tried any other stability software aside from Aida64?? We generally recommend Prime95 blend to really push the CPU/memory set-up

We Ballin' Yo

I would call that a damn good settle. Now I'm wanting a new case, does it ever stop?

I don't think it does. I'm okay with that, though. :thup:

Just curious, have you tried any other stability software aside from Aida64?? We generally recommend Prime95 blend to really push the CPU/memory set-up

Initially, when I had the system set up on my test bench I attempted to run Prime95 Blend on everything stock with no setting modifications or anything and it would fail on several cores every time. I did attempt to run both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Prime95 and to no avail, it would fail. :bang head.

I then went onto a forum asking around and a lot of people were having issues with Prime95 and some weren't so it just turned into a :argue: fest.

I did run IntelBurn also - and ran that for over 12 hours on the 5GHz OC without fail.

The memory was at the motherboard issued 1333MHz which I then put in the XMP 1 Profile for 1600MHz which didn't change the stability of the machine at all.

For temps, if I'm going to be on for quite a while, I'll bump it down to 4.5Ghz because I can encode longer with even lower temps since 4.8GHz (for me) only takes 1.420V on the VCore. I'm kind of OCD about temperature and absolutely hate anything over 40C....and with the 4.8GHz OC I'm able to encode for days on end and not topple over 38C which I love.

5GHz is fun and all - but you really don't see a difference (at least I can't) between 5GHz and 4GHz (even with FPS :shrug:) in gaming to justify the harsh temperatures and voltages required to achieve those core clocks.

I've heard that before about P95 but I have managed to stress test all 3 of my FX processors with it. I believe your issues probably came from the 32G of Corsair ram. The IMC on these CPUs can be quite sensitive and wil fail easily. Many CPUs will run the small or large FFTs in prime but blend will crash it since it stresses the IMC and memory as well.
Usually some added volts to the CPU_NB and Dram will help that.
But it all seems to be working for ya and seems to be stable enough to handle your use.
Looks great too. I as others have said do like that case.

Yes, prime95 will find any faults in memory when running blend for sure. It is the best program I believe I've found to perfect your "balancing act" between CPU, RAM and a large group of M/B settings.

Yes, prime95 will find any faults in memory when running blend for sure. It is the best program I believe I've found to perfect your "balancing act" between CPU, RAM and a large group of M/B settings.

And generally at least 50% harder to complete.

Back