• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 with Vishera 8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok Try setting the Cpu LLC to Ultra High, the Voltage is drooping, I want to get it where it doesn't over shoot the set voltage "1.3" by too much and also droop by too much. If you want to see where I'm getting this info from, look in the HWmonitor SS Cpu Vcore it maxed out at 1.296 and fell as low as 1.224.

Signature up. Thanks. I just haven't had time. I changed the cpu LLC to extreme and ran prime first thing this morning. I believe that the vcore has similar #'s if not the same as on high. I will post screen shots around 1030 NY time today. I work a really odd schedule, so I am always trying to find time.

Ok well when you get a chance post up another HWmonitor ss under load, I'd like to see what the voltage is doing again with it set to Extreme, it may overshoot more then we want with it set there. Where in NY?

ok, here are the screen shots of the cpu LLC set at extreme. I don't see any changes. Lower Westchester. I may have posted the wrong hwmonitor, but I think I put the right one up. Gonna run prime fft again now and take another screen shot just to be sure.

Just started Prime95 and I see that the CPU Vcore is still dipping down to 1.224. Max seems to still be 1.296. I'll wai until it's gone a good 20 minutes to verify the max and put up another screen shot.

Attachments

• spd.png
    spd.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 334
  • memory-4013.png
    memory-4013.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 335
  • cpu-4013.png
    cpu-4013.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 335
  • hwmonitornew.PNG
    hwmonitornew.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:
Correct HWMonitor under load of Prime95

Yep, I thought it would be the same and it is...

CPU temp seems to have dropped from 54 to 52.

Attachments

• HDMonitor.PNG
    HDMonitor.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 330
Check in bios of that mobo for an APM to Disable and maybe HPC to enable. Then see what the voltage does. That is mightly low voltage to the cpu for 4.0Ghz anyway. Most of those boards set it higher than 1.3Vcore and yours is even less. Unless you have Vcore set to manual and you have input that lower Vcore number.
RGone...

I don't think I saw an APM to disable, but I'll check again. HPC should be enabled, but I'll check. I believe I do have Vcore set to manual and 1.3, but maybe that's the cpu/nb. Let you know in a minute

BIOS Screen Shot

I might have one or more of the settings on this screen set wrong. I'm not too sure to be honest. I remember setting the CPU & NB voltage offset mode to manual and setting the voltage to 1.3, but I can't seem to find where I did that in the BIOS.

Attachments

• 140410115550.png
    140410115550.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 329
  • 140410115558.png
    140410115558.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 331
You're setting the Cpu/NB LLC to Extreme set that back to High and set the Cpu LLC to High and re test it.

You also do have the APC set to disable and HPC Set to Enable.

Problem bios screen?

I think the settings on this screen are causing the problem. when I try to change the cpu manual voltage to 1.3, it reverts back to auto. I'm not really sure what I'm doing with all of these settings.

Attachments

• 140410122749.png
    140410122749.png
    50 KB · Views: 330
Thanks for your patience. Like I said, I'm not sure of what I'm doing.

OK, I set the cpu LLC to high and set the cpu/nb back to high also. Just opened hwmonitor and I see the current, min, and Max vcore is 1.308. Prime is running now. It seems to only dip to 1.284 now. I'll post pics in about 20 minutes

OK, I set the cpu LLC to high and set the cpu/nb back to high also. Just opened hwmonitor and I see the current, min, and Max vcore is 1.308. Prime is running now. It seems to only dip to 1.284 now. I'll post pics in about 20 minutes

Ok cool and NP with the patience, you've come to the right place if you want to learn. I'm just passing on what I've learned on these forums for the last 2+ years and from the testing I've done.

correct Vcore?

Ok, I couldn't wait the whole 20 minutes, but it's been over 10 and the Vcore seems to be better. Thanks for teaching. I like to learn and teach also. I just had my son do a build without overclocking so I could teach him what I know. I did notice the cpu temp has jumped to 59. I believe as long as this cpu doesn't go past 70, then it's fine. Do we have the vcore right now? is 1.308 ok? I hope so. I'm ready for the next step here. going to go nap for a little before I go back to work. I am up @ 5am, home @ 1030 am, back at work @ 3pm, then finally home again @ 830 pm. plust my wife likes to see me occasionally.lol I'll check back in tonight.

Attachments

• hdmonitor.PNG
    hdmonitor.PNG
    47.2 KB · Views: 332
Temperature just could be ambient also, a few things that you may want to do to get the difference between the Socket/Cpu Temp and the Package temp down is, putting a fan on the VRM section heatsink and also mount a fan on the back side off the motherboard. You're case doesn't have a spot to put a fan on the right side panel so mounting a fan directly to the backside of the motherboard tray using double sided tape will help get the socket temps down.

Where do we go from here, if you still have everything set like you did in post #20 then start by raising the FSB by 5 then test 20 minutes prime. Keep doing this until you fail prime, ie freeze, BSOD or lost workers. Then back down 5 on the fsb and retest for 2 hours. If it fails again, then raise the Cpu Voltage .00625 continue to do that until it passes 2 hours prime as long as you keep the temps below 70 on the Cpu and 62 on the Package.

This will give you a known stable point to work from when pushing higher.

Ok. Everything is set like the bios screens in post #20. I did readjust the cpu voltage to 1.3 exactly. it was on auto and currently at 1.308 which was shown in the hwmonitor shot. Vcore now max is 1.284 and it only stepped down to 1.26 for min and current while under load. I thought thought it better to know where my manual Vcore was set and I like to be accurate. I adjusted the cpu bus frequency higher by 5 and am running prime shoft fft now. I wasn't sure which setting you meant by FSB. I know that that's the front side bus, but didn't see it in the bios. googled it and it's the cpu bus frequency. I'll let you know after I cause it to fail by raising it 5 at a time and running prime short fft after each raise and then for 2 hours then scale it back down 5. When I get to the point of running it for 2 hours should it be short fft or blend in prime95? does it matter?

Run blend and yes the CPU bus freq is the FSB sorry for the confusion. Two things, check the Cpu Load Line Cal and see if there is an Ultra High setting, I'm pretty sure there is. If so set it there, I'm not liking the V Droop you're getting. Also as RGone mentioned 1.3 is pretty low V core for the 8350 so don't be surprised if it doesn't go very far at that voltage.

Back