• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD FX-8350 - Piledriver - CPU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
BLAM nice review. I love it when a 2nd generation product almost universally improves all aspects of itself. Still power hungry yes, but not as much, still a bit shy on flops sure but its still faster than BD, LOVED IT.

FX 8320 ordered from newegg @ 10:28MST...

great review, looks like a great chip too

my question is ... will AMD continue to be able to pull these kinds of performance gains out of their slowing process tech?

It seems that they may be doing too many tocking and not enough ticking... I worry that AMD may get behind the curve to a dangerous point...

After all, it really does come down to heat for desktop performance, I mean if you can reduce the heat you can increase the clocks. I think it may be only a matter of time before Intel strikes to clean AMD's clock. Anti-competition won't come down on them as strong as before since ARM is their new biggest threat.

Last edited:
Nice review!

If the 8320 clocks as well as the 8350, that would be a real good option! Mobo+cpu+ram for 300 bucks!

Nice review, well done. Wonder what AMD's stock price will look like now?

(I'm thinking that their new leadership will build upon this line of thinking, maybe improve efficiency as they seem to be looking mobily which may translate well with a die shrink and their "wheel rounding")

Great write up, looks like the i5 3570K has met its match, and since it's benched against a X6 1100T it looks like nearly a 50% improvement over my X6 1090T.

I think the 8350 and a new mobo and ram will be on my shopping list in a couple months.

PS- the pull down photos look like you got a nuclear reactor happening there.

Excellent review. I'll be getting one of these soon...I'm not sure yet if I'll go with the FX8350 or the 8320...I wish there was more info on how well the 8320's are overclocking compared to the 8350...hoping for as close to 5Ghz on air as I can get.

good review OP! is it safe to say that we will see a similar improvement in the 4xxx and 6xxx series processors?

This is what I was hoping bulldozer would be. A step up from the x6 at an excellent price point. Very impressed though its a bit late.

Jeremy, congrats on the review. Sorry about the RIP ram. Thanks for putting the stock 8350 real close to the 4.9Ghz 8350 so it is easy to see the comparison.

RGone...ster.

Back