• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX8350 Horrible Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SouleD

Registered
Hi, I own an AMD FX8350 and an 990FXA-UD3 rev 3.0 motherboard also, I use an H100i, and my temps are so bad my PC shuts down, the BIOS settings are the optimized default ones and my fans are the default ones set to Max RPM and are very Loud. My pc sometimes idles at 12c or 30-40c (litterally it makes no sense, I can provide screen shots). My temps when on load can go from 60-70c to 90c=PC shuts down.

What I have noticed is that the temps gradually increases even though no changes have been made meanwhile. I've been trying to trouble shoot this problem for a while now, so before I get told to close the lights, blow my nose and reseat the waterblock, I will tell you that I re-seated it Twice, I also use hardwaremonitor PRO to keep an eye on my temps. I also did test my memory with memtest86, no error.

Now I stated both my motherboard version and my cpu cooler because I believe it's either one of the 2. I read that my board 990FXA-UD3 Rev 3.0 had problems with FX processors and so thought it might well be the problem and I want some professional feedback on the matter.

PS: I did contact both Corsair and GA despite their lousy CS and they aren't of any help, depending on what you guys think I might end up RMA'ing one or the other.

Are you running stock or OC`d, if OC then try running at stock and see what happens. See if one of the tubes from the h100 is warmer then the other(blockage or bad pump). If ok maybe try a remount. Also is the h100 in the top pushing air into the case? IF yes then invert them to push the hot air outside of the case.

Also, the problem with the rev3 ud3 is that with a FX 8xxx cpu oc`d the VRMs get very hot and shutdown the system to prevent a nice little fireworks display, this problem increases when you use WC because the airflow in the socket&VRM area is mostly non-existent. But this should not apply to you since you are sayint the CPU overheats.

Are you running stock or OC`d, if OC then try running at stock and see what happens. See if one of the tubes from the h100 is warmer then the other(blockage or bad pump). If ok maybe try a remount. Also is the h100 in the top pushing air into the case? IF yes then invert them to push the hot air outside of the case.

Also, the problem with the rev3 ud3 is that with a FX 8xxx cpu oc`d the VRMs get very hot and shutdown the system to prevent a nice little fireworks display, this problem increases when you use WC because the airflow in the socket&VRM area is mostly non-existent. But this should not apply to you since you are sayint the CPU overheats.

The BIOS settings are the Default optimized ones, so no OC. It's at stock clock. I remounted/re-seated it twice as I have stated, the fans are pushing the hot air Outside of the case.
And checking if one of the tubes is warmer than the other one do you mean by that that I should simply feel them, or is there an actual program that will tell me.

I have 8350 I bought the other day and a corsair H105.The Fans for my Corsair sitting on top of my case blowing in to cool down my rad on it. My temps are sitting at between 35*c at idol and I'm running a folding program right now all day and it has stayed at 41*c all day. I think it is a airflow problem. Try pushing air into the rad to cool it down and push air out the back. See if that helps any.

I have 8350 I bought the other day and a corsair H105.The Fans for my Corsair sitting on top of my case blowing in to cool down my rad on it. My temps are sitting at between 35*c at idol and I'm running a folding program right now all day and it has stayed at 41*c all day. I think it is a airflow problem. Try pushing air into the rad to cool it down and push air out the back. See if that helps any.

What motherboard are you using

I would like to see a hardware monitor screen shot, it might be the cpu line that is socket temp that is shutting it down, airflow to the vrm's might be in order.

the socket temp (cpu in hardware monitor) should make 90 first.

I would like to see a hardware monitor screen shot, it might be the cpu line that is socket temp that is shutting it down, airflow to the vrm's might be in order.

the socket temp (cpu in hardware monitor) should make 90 first.

I had an other case where I was playing L4D2 for about 10m and the temps started at around 50c-60c and went up to 88.4c before I closed the game in a 10m time lapse

Attachments

• Untitled123123.png
    Untitled123123.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,053
lets go into the bios and cut it back to 4 cores and see if that gets you in a better place.

Here is a screen shot after I set the cpu core count in BIOS to 4 of the temps and usage 10s after windows booted. The temps did reach 67.1c after a min or 2 and then the CPU usage went down and so did the temps.

Attachments

• Untitled123.png
    Untitled123.png
    413.8 KB · Views: 1,055
ok that gives us temps we can survive at.
now go lower the vcore a notch or two.

Do you have the stock cooler? If so put it on and see what happens. It sure sounds like the H100i is having issues.

Also the temperature sensors on these chips are not accurate until about 40c. Idle temps mean absolutely zero. Mine idles at 5-7c in a 22c ambient room at 4.7 with 1.46 Cpu V, this is impossible because I'm not cooling with sub ambient cooling.

Back