• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX8350 Horrible Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Allright, I opened it up and felt the tubes and one of them does feel a little bit warmer but I think it's due because one of them actually pulls the heat away and the other cools it down.

I also took a picture of my pc opened up so you can have a better look at how it's set up.

Attachments

• IMG_20140302_203048.jpg
    IMG_20140302_203048.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 252
Re-seat that waterblock and use plenty of thermal interface material so you have total coverage. A dot the size of a pea, not a bb.

ok that gives us temps we can survive at.
now go lower the vcore a notch or two.

Now, I am not sure what value to put, since when I padgeup/padgedown I can either get -0.800 and +0.775 now I'm not sure what value you want me to set

reinstall the stock air cooler, boot into bios and hit the f5 function key to get us back to all stock.

reinstall the stock air cooler, boot into bios and hit the f5 function key to get us back to all stock.

I do not have the stock air cooler but I will buy a temporary one cheap and RMA that h100i, also I bought the h100i because I was planning on Overclocking my CPU so I wonder if I should keep my current motherboard as it does have issues with FX processors.

Here is one more Screen shot of the Whole HWMPRO when I boot my PC

Attachments

• Untitled144444.png
    Untitled144444.png
    264.9 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
if your in a place that you can shed the board thats the route i would take.
an asus sabertooth is the way to go for you, I have two, one I use and one as spare for my other four asus boards.

if your in a place that you can shed the board thats the route i would take.
an asus sabertooth is the way to go for you, I have two, one I use and one as spare for my other four asus boards.

I don't have a GA-990FXA-UD3 but I do have a GA-990FXA-UD5 with FX-8350, here are my temps on a V6GT cooler running Folding@Home:
FX-8350.JPG

I did build a system for my dad using a FX-8150 and GA-990FXA-UD3 with V6GT cooler and no over heating problems.

Are you running stock or OC`d,
hu3a.jpg

Both, 4.0GHZ and at 4.4GHZ with no difference in temp.

Here is when I had it at 4.4GHZ:
4.4GHZ screen shot

Last edited:
Whitehawk that dtytyukying was a spammer either a bot or person IDK, but gone now.

Back