• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Overdrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm interested in your results. Perhaps while setting up my board, I can do some testing as well.

Optimistically speaking, I think the turbo feature stuck in bios as off as I set it in AOD; at one point I thought I noticed this with the 6100 while I had forgotten to shut it down in bios.

I do know that some bios settings will effect how AMD Overdrive is going to act such as the reference clock being usable or not with AOD.

Also, with the Asus boards (I primarily use no other than Asus) the Overdrive program was in fact actually really stable. Used it to OC my 955BE past 6ghz which was nice considering after 5.5ghz'ish the board started having troubles posting windows.

Off topic even further from OP (and sorry bout' that!) I wanted to ask you guys about 300 reference clock and beyond with AMD FX processors. I've done this many times with Phenom. Also found most AMD cpus even as far back as 754 and 939 like bus speeds at 250mhz. For some reason it seems like the memory controller likes the Ram divider at this frequency. Thoughts??

Back