• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II x4 955 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Clean the bulk of it off both surfaces with a dry paper coffee filter as they leave behind no insulating lint like kleenex, paper towels and most cloth. Finish the clean with another coffee filter moistened with some isopropyl alcohol.

If the thermal paste had no viscosity then the clamping down pressure would remove all the excess in theory, but that is not the case. The paste provides some resistance to spread from the pressure and therefore the amount you apply does make a difference and it will effect the thickness of the layer you wind up with.

Last edited:
Not a problem at all. Had you left it the way it WAS, then that was not ideal. Just be careful cleaning it otherwise it'd be an expensive learning lesson.

What do you mean by left it the way it WAS. I haven't changed anything, and to the best of my knowledge the thermal paste had no viscosity but I will do it again anyways.

What do you mean by left it the way it WAS. I haven't changed anything, and to the best of my knowledge the thermal paste had no viscosity but I will do it again anyways.

Had you left it with crap oozing out the side = the way it was.

I think you should start a new thread. This one is very dated. People lose interest pretty quickly after as thread is started.

Hello people. I'm new here but here I bring my configuration AMD 4.0GHz Phenom 955 OC ~ q I hope you like it! Greetings and sorry for my English I will be outstanding questions this thread

68647385.png

Welcome, Jean Baptista! Have you stress tested these settings with at least 2 hrs. of the Prime95 blend test? The AMDOD stress test is not very vigorous. I doubt a CPU core voltage of 1.4 will be enough to make a 955 CPU truly stable at a speed of 4.0 ghz.

You can be sure that hardly anyone will be looking in this old thread of 'someone else's'. Getting into an old thread is not a good idea if you are seeking assistance, which it looks like you are already doing pretty good. Luck man.

:welcome:

hello again, well and I have almost 1 year with this configuration and if I used prime95, Stability test of AMD overdrive and leave a crazy night on prime95 + cinema 4d render active. so far I have not had any problems. with it. play and work with this configuration, I can send more and screenshots if needed

I bumped my CPU Bus Frequency to 220 and I turned on Asus turbo unlocker and have been running at about 4 GHz, my temps are in the upper 50s under load. I've been running Prime95 for about 30 minutes so far and the max temp is 59C. Here is my config.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 1,527
Asus Turbo Unlocker? Does that refer to turbo boost of the frequency or to unlocking cores? I ask because the Phenom II X4 955 does not have any core to unlock and it does not have Turbo frequency technology like the Thuban core CPUs or the FX Bulldozers do. I'm having trouble figuring out why you did this and how it helps if it in fact it really does.

hello again, well and I have almost 1 year with this configuration and if I used prime95, Stability test of AMD overdrive and leave a crazy night on prime95 + cinema 4d render active. so far I have not had any problems. with it. play and work with this configuration, I can send more and screenshots if needed

Sorry, the English is a little rough in your sentence. Are you saying that you did use Prime95 to test the stability or are you saying you did not use it or that you are unsure if you used Prime95 to test for stability.

Jean, I would suggest that if you want help with something that you start your own thread. Or maybe you are just reporting your experience.

I'm showing my experience with the AMD phenom 955. which I have almost a year with it, I use prime95 and AMD overdrive to prove his stability to 4Ghz, but by 12 hours+ and run good. in game is very stable I have long time without seeing a blue screen. this is my experience making OC to the AMD phenom 955

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Sounds like you got an unusually capable CPU for that model.

Back