• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD phenom II X4 BE 965 + G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OKAY.

So after trying so hard to go over 4.20GHz I simply could not, just way too hot for air cooling.

I've been waiting for a reason to upgrade to a full size tower case and I finally found it. I ditched my old medium case and order a full size one online. Should be coming in by tuesday :D Will set up all my fans then and tell if I could push this guy to 4.5 :)! Will also have much more details regarding voltages and specific clocks then.

ADD:
90+ effing degrees summer not helping T_T
What voltage are you at?

You might be able to get...4.3-ish. :chair:

Currently at 1.428V for core and x21 multi.

Trust me though, i got this chip for a really good deal, 75$ OEM so I don't really care that much if I fry it :O reason for me to buy FX.

At the same time I don't want to fry it :cool:... what I'm trying to say is I will be very "adventurous" with the voltages and temps :p :p when the case comes ill be sharing pics hopefully of me getting 4.5 :D... otherwise pictures of shame... :(

4.2.PNG

Last edited:
A couple of pics to add to the mix.

At 4.2 its stable at 1.425V if I go under it will fail a stress test.

At 4.5 it WILL post and load up windows.. 1 minute in it will fail and blue screen. I think my motherboard is holding me back maybe :/

(mind the dirty screen >.<)

A couple of pics to add to the mix.

At 4.2 its stable at 1.425V if I go under it will fail a stress test.

At 4.5 it WILL post and load up windows.. 1 minute in it will fail and blue screen. I think my motherboard is holding me back maybe :/

(mind the dirty screen >.<)
Wow, 4.2 @ 1.425v is really good.

Usually .05v is needed for 100 MHz increase when scaling is good.

Try 4.3 ~ 1.48v if temperatures are okay.

It just does not like me at anything over 4.2 :(... i think its my meh motherboard.

Any multiplier higher than 21X results in a blue screen after booting into windows even going as far as 1.5 volts :/

I tried running down my memory to 1333MHz and pushing up my timings then increasing FSB to 210. Adding a little bit more juice to northbridge and memory. Still no Bueno :(.

Don't know what else to try >.< I always keep getting past the POST and the boot screen but then it will just fart on me.

It just does not like me at anything over 4.2 :(... i think its my meh motherboard.

Any multiplier higher than 21X results in a blue screen after booting into windows even going as far as 1.5 volts :/

I tried running down my memory to 1333MHz and pushing up my timings then increasing FSB to 210. Adding a little bit more juice to northbridge and memory. Still no Bueno :(.

Don't know what else to try >.< I always keep getting past the POST and the boot screen but then it will just fart on me.
It may just be that your CPU is not voltage tolerant.

Some of the new CPUs are really good with low voltage. :bday:

Oh well :/...

With the new case I'll see if I can pull off something better (doubt it)

Also tonight I'm going to try a more hybrid over clock between FSB and multipliers see if I can get something better with that :/

For now though gotta run errands :(

Thanks for the help beepbeep!

I seem to hit a stability hard wall after 4.2GHz :/ nothing to do with temperatures just very unstable.

Is there any ideas? Anything I could do to remedy that :/

I seem to hit a stability hard wall after 4.2GHz :/ nothing to do with temperatures just very unstable.

Is there any ideas? Anything I could do to remedy that :/
When exactly did you buy this CPU?

One 955 I had recently did exactly 4310 MHz at 1.525v, not 1 MHz higher, even with 1.575v.

The new CPUs clock very decently, but are not as voltage tolerant as older CPUs.

You need to get colder to get faster.

Time to pull out the phase change unit.

I don't have one >.<... :(

YET! :clap:

ADD:

Can't wait to get to classifieds and trade with you guys :( got so much old hardware to offload and looking for some nice cooling solutions :D

Back