• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD phenom II X6 1100T Thuban help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kurtlee936

Hello all
well with help of reading through the forums over the last day or two ive managed to overclock my above chip. Now at the moment id say im fairly stable at 4.05Ghz.
Ive tried to push it a little further but it fails sometimes so was wondering if anyone has any tips etc.
Also i understood all the info on FSB and multiplyer upping etc the one thing i carnt seem to grasp is the memory aspect. I know its linked to my FSB speed so im wondering if anyone can through me some help in that market too.
Ill post what ive got so far for you all.
Specs
Gigabyte 990FXA UD3
AMD phenom II X6 1100T Thuban
Gskill Ripjaw 8GB (2 sticks)
Cooling is via a EK water system
Pics attached Prime had been running for just over an hour to give an idea of temps etc it has survived about 12hrs before overnight and i stopped it. also core 6 wasnt being tested as i was using it to browse and come on here :D
So any ideas tips etc on getting a bit more out of it and also the memory help as i dont quiet think i grasped that yet....
cheers

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 76
According to the SPD tab of CPU-Z, your memory supports 1600MHz at 9-9-9-25-40. Right now, your timings are 11-11-11-29-40, which means that they are more relaxed than the manufacturer says the memory will support. I would personally leave the frequency at approximately 1500MHz (where you have it now), and manually set the timings. The easiest way would probably be write down the values in the SPD chart, reboot to BIOS, and find the memory section within the overclocking section (will probably have to set a few things to manual before you can see them).

well thats all set and done cheers! now i think im getting the memory part.
see how that does.

According to the SPD tab of CPU-Z, your memory supports 1600MHz at 9-9-9-25-40. Right now, your timings are 11-11-11-29-40, which means that they are more relaxed than the manufacturer says the memory will support. I would personally leave the frequency at approximately 1500MHz (where you have it now), and manually set the timings. The easiest way would probably be write down the values in the SPD chart, reboot to BIOS, and find the memory section within the overclocking section (will probably have to set a few things to manual before you can see them).

The memory should support those relaxed timings alright. That shouldn't be a problem from a stability standpoint as would timings that are too aggressive. But you would be unnecessarily sacrificing some performance.

The memory should support those relaxed timings alright. That shouldn't be a problem from a stability standpoint as would timings that are too aggressive. But you would be unnecessarily sacrificing some performance.

Right, I wasn't saying that he was going to have issues with it like that. I was just pointing out that he could get more performance, especially since he's running the memory under factory specs.

Other than that, it looks like a very nice overclock IMO.

Back