• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd phenom(tm) ii x4 b55 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hehhe well thanks guys i wont risk frying anything as im not that smart on volts and over clocking ^^ but i have learned alot and i thank u guys for helping maybe next time ^^.

hehhe well thanks guys i wont risk frying anything as im not that smart on volts and over clocking ^^ but i have learned alot and i thank u guys for helping maybe next time ^^.

It is us that can say thanks to you as well. It is hard to do a good job in trying to help a user with as many system boards as there are in the market.

I could suggest to you in at least a couple of 'manners'. One manner would not care if your components had any long-term life expectancy. Another manner I could use would be to just say to overclock the dang thing and forget about how long some component might last.

We see these two mentalities exhibited many times in forum communications. We have posters that jump into theads all the time and say that my thing did X and by inference you might believe yours would do X also.

Sometimes that is not the reality at all. At least not in the long-run. There was a time when my motherboards and cpus were given to me. During those times it was easier to beat the crap out of my parts and pieces. That day has passed on bye. I now like many, try to make suggestions that have at least one eye open to a posters long-term use.

Posting in an open forum like this and having a conscience, I would never suggest that a poster run on the ragged edge. I always try and suggest the ragged edge only to a poster that has made it perfectly clear in some private communication, that he understands the 'perils' of the ragged edge and knows that there might be a bad outcome. Then I might say to screw the torpedoes and full speed ahead.

Surely you will do better when you upgrade the motherboard platform as your jumping off point

Again it was a pleasure to try and assist you. Good luck in the future.

RGone...ster.

Back