• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x Low fps while streaming CS:GO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jorgenfl

Hi!

I bought myself a new pc not too long ago. I got myself AMD Ryzen 7 1800x with GTX 1080Ti so i could start streaming with no problems. But the thing is that i get like 70-80 fps while i stream CS:GO with this new setup. I do not understand why i get so low fps. Anyone please help?

With vsync off, I get over 200fps @1080p in CS:GO. What is your resolution? What software are you using to twitch stream CS:GO?

When I was streaming WH40k: eternal crusade, it wouldn't impact my fps at all using OBS and the CPU to process the stream. I don't see how using the CPU and CS:GO could cause a huge hit to FPS tbh.

do you have free sync turned on?
tell us about the whole rig please.
what resolution are you at?

I play in 1080p 144hz 27" monitor. 1920x1080 ingame and 2560x1440 on dashboard. I use OBS

Free syncing?
Here is my rig:
Windows 10

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
MSI GTX 1080Ti
MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon
HyperX FURY DDR4 2400MHz 16GB
Corsair Hydro Series H60
Corsair CX750M
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB

And some other hardrives

Try playing CS:GO in windowed mode while streaming and run HWMonitor at the same time. What do your CPU load, CPU clocks, core temperatures and CPU Vcore look like while playing? Anything odd in the min/max values (start HWMonitor last)?

With vsync off, I get over 200fps @1080p in CS:GO. What is your resolution? What software are you using to twitch stream CS:GO?

When I was streaming WH40k: eternal crusade, it wouldn't impact my fps at all using OBS and the CPU to process the stream. I don't see how using the CPU and CS:GO could cause a huge hit to FPS tbh.

And I get 250fps at 1080p max settings in csgo with a 950gtx just shows how much single core matters with that game.

And I get 250fps at 1080p max settings in csgo with a 950gtx just shows how much single core matters with that game.
I peak somewhere in the 280 range, I was just going for a medium number there. Range from 160-280, but I never pay much attention to it! Either way, the Ryzen should be fine for it. It's CS:GO, not Crysis [emoji14]

(I kid about the Crysis thing... I'm sure you remember how "can it run Crysis?" was all the rage back in the day!)

I peak somewhere in the 280 range, I was just going for a medium number there. Range from 160-280, but I never pay much attention to it! Either way, the Ryzen should be fine for it. It's CS:GO, not Crysis [emoji14]

(I kid about the Crysis thing... I'm sure you remember how "can it run Crysis?" was all the rage back in the day!)

yea 250 is around the avg =)

i just got a 1080 today that avg is around 300

Funny you mention crysis just loaded Cry2 on ultra just to see 100+fps with the 1080

This is the results when i was playing CS:GO in windowed while streaming via OBS. OBS Settings i on "veryfast" and all okay settings.

https://gyazo.com/89639a118643157cc426170093608323 (Pic of the HWMonitor results)

The package temperature seems to have maxed out roughly 5 C higher than what is "safe" and Vcore is also above the "no degradation" limit, but these are minor issues. I take it you've overclocked your Ryzen? The CPU load looks like there's still headroom, so even if the overclock wasn't stable, you shouldn't be seeing a drop like that consistently. Here are a few links to get some reference points and benchmarks:

-Gamersnexus.net's streaming benchmark: http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2993-amd-1700-vs-intel-7700k-for-game-streaming
-A video of someone streaming CS:GO with an 1800X:

You could check if changing OBS process priority does anything. I'd also double check your graphics settings while streaming and see if changing anything helps.

Back