• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Setup - Future Proofing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The PSU is 80+ OCZ ModXStream 700W, i been around the forums but can't exactly find an answer or someone that does use adapters with this particular PSU, they're told that it's potentially dangerous to the components so i don't know what to believe except the safe route.

What kind of adapters are we talking about here? 2x four pin molex to PCI-E? If so then I see no reason it would cause harm to your PSU. One thing to note is that the StealthXStream 2 has four 12v rails (uggg that is terrible) so you need to isolate these rails and possibly use one molex connector from two different rails. Really one giant 12v rail is best, then you don't need to worry about load balancing your various connectors.

O i also grabbed the Crucial M4 SSD 60GB version :)

Excellent choice. I have two of them. I never hear about failures on the m4's and they hit the rated read speeds nicely on SATA 3, just 50MB/s short of maxing the port speed.

Been up and running sucessfully for a week now, but i need to ask someone with this motherboard what is the BOOT_DEVICE_LED and since it's an ssd not hdd should it light red until bootup into the OS? also do you think my board might become useless because i once again lol left the bloody jumper in the CLEAR RTC for 5 seconds by accident?

Hmm my Boot Drive LED only stays lit for about two seconds prior to the bootloader coming up. Update your motherboard BIOS and make sure you are on the latest SSD firmware (read those directions step by step, I think you need to place the SATA ports in IDE mode while flashing the firmware).

For the clear BIOS pin, consult the manual. I don't remember the procedure for using it but if the board powers on then I think you are good, just make sure the jumper is presently in the normal position.

Does anyone know of good graphic drivers for the MSI 560ti ? The drivers that came with CD won't even install!!!

Nvidia.com and select your OS and GPU generation. Never failed me. The latest one for Windows if I am not mistaken will even do you the liberty of uninstalling the prior driver first.

One last question though, when installing the Noctua dh14, where goes the fan cables on this 990fx mobo in the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT ? that's where currently are now.

Doesn't really matter but those are the logical choices. Also the BIOS will most likely flip out if CPU_FAN is not populated (this can be overridden I think). OPT can be ignored if it is not needed, but in your case it looks like it is. The fan pins on the board are universal, any fan with a compatible connector will work on them. If you felt the need to stack four fans on your heat sink (useless but would look cool) you could use all available on board fan connectors and they would all provide the same power output and fan control / monitoring capabilities.

Back