• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ammo Can mod pics!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MinorityMe

Hello overclockers! First post on this site, I've been practically glued to the forums for days since I discovered this treasure trove of awesomeness. ;)

I just finished a project I have been working on for a couple weeks and I wanted to post some pics and see what you all think. As you will be able to tell I modded an old Army 20mm ammo can into a pc. I've seen several of these types of mods scattered about the internet and I wanted to share my take on the idea! Thanks for looking!

I had also re-painted and re-stenciled the ammo can to give it a face lift. :)

can_top_right.jpg

can_top_left.jpg

can_top.jpg

can_cover.jpg

can_back.jpg

Very nice! I never would have thought to use the area under the lid as the back panel to the computer. Nice thinking!!

Yeah cutting all the holes was a pain... and its not perfect of course the way i want it so im about to buy another can and take more time on it to make the holes perfect and fix all the little bugs i didnt see happening before.

wow coming along nicely! before I started I was torn between keeping the can as intact as possible or going nuts on it. doing all that cutting on these cans is a lot of work, props to you!

Back