• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

An Intel processor through the eyes of an AMD user

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So to that theory, fast forward through generations and see if it holds true (it doesnt).

AMD's are what, ~1.35v now? While Sandybridge for example is ~1.16? C2D duals are usually ~1.25 as well.

Remember voltage vs clockspeed in regards to temperatures, voltages have a TREMENDOUSLY LARGER effect on temps that clock speed or instructions /cycle. ;)

I haven't got a clue what voltages they're operating at now to be honest, and I know nothing about Sandybridge.

Maybe it's just the throughput that is causing the heat, and voltage and speed have no real bearing on the heat levels?

Those voltages are right. ;)

We are really talking above my head, but from what little I know, I cant imagine that throughput is causing THAT much more heat while speed and voltage have no real bearing. That doesnt jive scientifically when you think about it.

Those voltages are right. ;)

We are really talking above my head, but from what little I know, I cant imagine that throughput is causing THAT much more heat while speed and voltage have no real bearing. That doesnt jive scientifically when you think about it.

Maybe it's magic? :D

I don't know, I'm running out of theories as to the cause of all the extra heat.

Could perhaps be something to do with the actual internal design of the processor.

Could perhaps be something to do with the actual internal design of the processor.

Who says when you lead a horse to water he wont drink it? ;)

Cheers to you for drilling down to the fundemental differences between the two processors and scraping all the other talk here!

Back