• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anandtech: Dual or Quad Core for the Same Price? (6850 vs Q6600 head to head benches)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AlienHack said:
I bought an Q6600 2 days agao, the first day their prices droped (in fact i was the one in the shop to tell the seller that they should check their online storehouse program for the new price , cause they still had a tag of 400+ $ on the q6600)

The cpu i had before was a 6300 (1.8 @ 3.5 stable)
So speed wasnt an issue, the 6300 was lightning fast with a 500FSB.

So why i changed and went for the quad? And what are my firts impressions?
I changed because the new price was just so tempting!! About the feeling of the new chip? well.. You can feel the difference in windows. I have a 46'' HD monitor so i play HD videos-movies all the time, with the 6300 when i forward skipped a movie i had to wait 3-4 secs for it to go on playing the new scene. With the quad its instantenious, ALSO I can play 3 HD videos at the same time!! THATS AWASOME!! yesterday i tried to throw at it everything i could, hd videos, lost planet , rar archiving, emule and dc++ clients at the same time, THERE WAS NO HICKUP, not a single glitch.. everything was sooo smooth..even alt-tabing from lost planet was lightning fast..

Lastly about OC, i just tried 3GHZ (333 x 9) on air and stock voltage and its dual orthos stable. I will try even higher, and will try my watercooler too.

Final thought.. i love Q6600...!!

Oh you *******. You probably have damn near the same E6300 I have... Now I want one.... This just makes me want to get one. I need ocforums counseling assistance! Must... not spend.. I mean spend, NOO not spend money!

*slips into deep thought*

hahaha... thats what i'm talking about.

addiction, Quad core addiction.. COme.. the dark side awaits you.. the dark side is easy and strong.. with 4 cores to serve you..

Back