• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Android computer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You probably more know about this than me. But I'm pretty sure that APC can handle being an XBMC box easily :/ but why would you want to make a tuner out of it o.0.. Bothways don't forget its being released with an MSRP of 50$ its bound to go down quite a bit from that :/ at least I hope so

It can run XBMC ok, but I want a unified HTPC setup. Not one PVR, another video streaming box, etc. you are right about the price though, comparing a new product with 5 year old second hand atom gear simply wasn't fair of me.

What do you use a PVR for? I've never used one, even though I had a nice Hauppauge card with my old HTPC. If I ever wanted to record a show or something, I'd just DL it... I'm not a sports fan neither, so...

Partly just for watching live TV, my set doesn't have a DVB-T2 tuner so I can't watch the BBC's HD content without getting another box and apart from my PS3 and Xbox I only want one other box under my TV. I don't really like most US shows and I get sent more promo copies of films than I can get through so I don't really want Netflix or Lovefilm. I watch a little bit of rugby and tennis so it is useful for that, but finally and most importantly, I'm not mad about VOD in general and quite like the randomness of broadcast TV.

very nice!
I am thinking of having one of this. I like to have android in desktop size. :)
Hopefully it will be available locally.

Back