• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another DIY Fan Controller - Adjustable Voltage Regulation 5-11v with Kickstart!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know this thread is a bit old & I hope you guys are still around - what modifications would have to be made to get 2 ~ 3v after the kickstart?

yes you can....

the following vid was taken a while back,
when I was trying to know how to control my PAPST fan (which I finally learn that I need to feed a 0-10v DC signal to its speed control wire)

like Lenny said, you need to tweak the resistor value (R1, R2, and the pot)...
I'm sorry, I've totally forgot what value of resistors + pot that I've used during the test :bang head

swapping these resistors will be very easy when you're on the breadboard level though ;)

the maximum voltage during this test should give me around 11v, which I'm affraid will toast my papst speed control circuit ... so I need to stop when the DMM read around 9.5v.
but you'll got the idea once you watch the vid:D

sorry for the poor quality cam, but the voltage on the DMM was quite readable :D

cheers :popcorn:

Back