• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another DRAM/FSB 1:1 Ratio Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I am wondering if I should look in to getting my system running using the 1:1 ratio setting currently my i2600k is stock and my RAM is set to 1600mhz CPU-Z reports it's running 1:6 FSB/DRAM ratio is this bad my system is fast and responsive but I just wonder if getting the ratio lower I may see a bit more performance in tasks etc to get to 1:1 what do I do, according to Intel's ARK web page my 2600k has a max RAM speed FSB of 1333mhz should I lower it to that to get to 1:1.

Ratio means nothing. Ram speed is what is important. Assuming you have 1600 speed ram, you are where you need to be.
FWIW, overclocking ram is near worthless in anything real world. The only time you would notice it is in some benchmarks.

You only needed to worry about 1:1 ratio when you used the fsb to overclock on older generation cpus. It really means nothing now...with the sandybridge you have.

It wasnt a magic ratio for performamce as you seem to believe, it was just the lowest you can get to raise the fsb up the highest and overclock the cpu back in the day. No relationship today. None. :)

Thanks for clearing that up I remember during my AMD Barton 2500+ XP days it was the more asked question back then I just thought it was a thing with every CPU, as I used to do it for my 2500+ XP and I think my AMD 4000+ 64bit at the time until I moved over to 3800 X2 and finally my 945 X4 then the 2600k I've never done it since my 4000+

Back