• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another FX world record!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man, that's a heck of a chip. Not many will hold 8GHz that long

Fork a world record using a cpu that AMD is not going to update. A frozen cpu world record on a technology that AMD seems certain to leave behind just does not float my boat any higher in the water.
RGone...

Fork a world record using a cpu that AMD is not going to update. A frozen cpu world record on a technology that AMD seems certain to leave behind just does not float my boat any higher in the water.
RGone...

I hear ya Bobbertone. But who are we to argue with the powers that be. AMD needs a lot of work with their fab process to come up with an 8 core APU. Global is struggling and they don't have much for an alternative.

Just think you would only need it to be -195c outside to get close to that run, Johan :D

Just think you would only need it to be -195c outside to get close to that run, Johan :D

Do they make AntiFreeze for those kinds of climates??? Cause I'm game if mother nature is. :rofl:

Very impressive, I wish the chips were better for single threaded. It's half the speed of his best 3770K submission at 6.6ghz

Back