• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 900 and SLI space issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gozma

i plan to order an Antec 900 with probably an Evga 750i motherboard and then setup the SLI with 2 8800GTS cards. I was wondering if there will be spacing problems with this setup since the cards are so big? Will i be losing access to any pci slots?

Yes, you will lose access to some PCI slots. You might be able to go WCing on them to save the big cooler space.

The MOBO says it has 3 PCI and 1 PCI express beside the 2 for the graphic cards, do u know what i would lose?

why wont this work? im sure plenty of people use the SLI on this MOBO. Just want to know before i purchase. Either way i plan to buy just 1 card and then eventually the 2nd

Well, with stock cooling plan on loosing 1 slot under each PCIe slot to make room for the cooling solution. If you take it off and go with a waterblock, you may free up a slot, I'm not sure. As far as space from front to back, you will be fine. Only thing is, with my GTX( i think the same size as the GTS) there is not enough room to put in that extra GPU fan bracket behind the drivebay.
Can you post a link to the exact board you are thinking of?

Yep everything should fit fine. My rig has two GTS's and they both fit. Even with the extra fan holder on the front inside of the case.

I loose one PCI-e x8 and a PCI. not nuch of a loss since I only need one PCI.

With a small bit of WM (wire management) everything is breathable and cool.

And a bit of space to twiddle in.

I suggest adding another fan to the side panel to help with cooling.

thank you, very help full. I was actually planning on putting a fan on the side blowing on the cards. Do u know what size it is? Proably put some clear Blue LED fan to match the case.

looks like u lose the slot below each PCIX16 so ud probably lose 1 PCI Express and 1 PCI

ok no big deal right? I need a PCI for my sound card and PCI express for my video card. How do u knwo what ones I will be missing? Do u knwo this for sure or is it a guess?

Back