• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 900 fixes and suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeezleXX89

Ok first of all I was told the Antec 900's fans isnt as good as expected. I was told they are really loud and don't give much air flow. If so whats some good 120mm fans that give good air flow? Also I want to get a fan control that goes into a 5 inch bay. Also I need a good suggestion on a heat sink and fan for my
ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard. Thanks :)

I would have to disagree, they are a little noisy on high, but very efficient. I think the popular alternative, however, are Yate Loons.

There are enumerous fan discussions in the cooling section and many fan comparison reviews via google. I think the fan controllers of choice are the Sunbeam Rheobus contollers. 4 channels for $16 and 6 channels for $35 at Petras. Both offer high amperage/channel so you can run multiple fans off of each channel.

Axis

I want a fan controller that has 4 to 6 diffrent controllers. I also want a bay with sata, USB, and SIMM card slot. Where can I getr these? Also Wants a good controller?

There was really nothing wrong with the tricools that came with the case other than the fact that there are fans out there that are quieter and push more air. It was such an easy fix that I had to try it. I tested Scythe Slipstream 1200, 1600 and 1900 RMP models and Yateloon Mediums as intakes and as push/pull fans on my TRU120E. The SS 1200 turned out to be the best intake fan as it pushed a whackload of air at very acceptable noise levels. ~68cfm @ ~24DBa. The yates slightly edged all three SS models as a HS fan, due I'm sure to the higher static pressure generated by their fin design. This was a simple test and the results might not be laboratory valid, but I am confident in my results as I am the one using the machine. Here's a link to a thread I was involved in a while back. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=545774
It's got some decent info. It might help since I have a 900 and have done alot of fan testing. Currently I have the drive bays and intakes replaced with a WC Rad. with 4 Yate mediums in push pull. The intakes are shrouded 25mm and are flush with the back of the face plates to suck in the coolest air possible. The pulls are mounted flush with the Rad and all are set to 1500 RPM. It's louder than the Slipstreams, but the case temperature remains the same even after taking some warmth off the Rad fins.

As for controllers, between Petra's and Performance PC's you will find something that fits the bill. I have a Kama Meter, and it does 4 fans great, but does not have front panel plug functionality.

What's wrong with tri-cools? I think they are pretty good. Most people complain about the huge fan up top. You lose a ton of pressure with a fan that large.

If you're going to put them on a controller, why not find the highest CFM fans at a decent db level then adjust with the controller?

It's hard to beat these for the price.

Axis

What's wrong with tri-cools? I think they are pretty good. Most people complain about the huge fan up top. You lose a ton of pressure with a fan that large.

What's wrong with having a lower pressure as long as you're still moving lots of air?

I don't know why so many people insist on replacing the stock Tricool fans in the 900. I've tried plenty of fans and the 900's stock are perfectly good fans IMO. They're very quiet on the low setting and push respectable air. Put all three 120's and the 200 on low and you ample airflow for overclocking. I also have a Tricool on medium setting on the CPU and it's audible but certainly not loud for the amount of airflow it produces. Unless you don't like the blue color my advice is to spend your money on something more useful than new fans that you don't need.

I don't know why so many people insist on replacing the stock Tricool fans in the 900. I've tried plenty of fans and the 900's stock are perfectly good fans IMO. They're very quiet on the low setting and push respectable air. Put all three 120's and the 200 on low and you ample airflow for overclocking. I also have a Tricool on medium setting on the CPU and it's audible but certainly not loud for the amount of airflow it produces. Unless you don't like the blue color my advice is to spend your money on something more useful than new fans that you don't need.

For the same reason anyone replaces or alters anything stock in their case. Have you never modded anything? Have you ever overclocked? If so, why did you do it? Answer that question, and you'll answer the question you asked above.

Or you could just read my post above.

ok I got my Antec 900 case and for soem reason the two 120mm fans are in there. Were the 3 extra 120mm fans that came with your case also?

Yeah Antec ships a note with the case saying that some of the fans are defective, and rather than open up every case and test, they're just packing in 3 extra tested fans for everyone.

Pretty cool. Your fans probably work fine, so you just end up with free extras.

Back