• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 900 ideas and questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is a link to the fans I will be using: Linky - Click Me

I will be ordering them from either PTS or SVC when they show up in stock again, since there seems to be a lot of bad things happening to people ordering from Frozen. Considering the biggest problem I hear about with the R-4 fans is usually clicking or motor whine, I won't be going that route. I may order one later on down the road just for testing purposes. I have never had any problems with Yates, and as such, for this application, I will be using them. For radiators and HSF's, I will be sticking to Panaflo, Delta, and Sanyo Denki. I have Deltas on my radiator, and my wifes system has a Sanyo Denki on the XP-90C (yes, you read that right:p), and I couldn't be happier with any of the brands I have mentioned, but to be honest, I have never used anything with the Cooler Master name on it, although the CM690 Advanced would be kind of nice.:D

The only thing that has kept me from pulling the trigger on the 690 II advanced (or basic as far as that goes its $20 cheaper and only has less fans, no 3.5 adapter and no sata port on top but the case is the same) is uncertainty of it's "Air" cooling capacity compared to the Nine Hundred. I sorta feel that with the design of the "Hundred" series cases that it is easier for cool intake air to reach the cpu heatsink without being raised in temp because it is being pulled in from the front instead of the bottom and then having to pass by the video card before it ever reaches the Upper Motherboard and CPU area. If i knew for certain or could see a review where someone had both cases with equal fans (or as close as possible) and saw that the 690 II outpaced the 900 on air i would buy it...however logic tells me it wont. For water cooling i see the 690 II as a diamond in the rough and a excellent case for the price.

Back