• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec, good stuff but bad service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord Vader

I got an Antec case and unfortunately a blade on my dorsal fan was broke out of the box. I filled out a service request asking them if they could just replace the fan as it works but it makes the case wobble a bit due to being out of balance. Immediately got a case # and then nothing done with it for over a week. Have e-mailed again 2x, no response.

It's probably going to be less of a pain for me to just go spend $20 on another fan but you think they would do something about a product that was most likely damaged in transit to the retailer.

You think I'd get a response even if it's just to deny the service request rather than just being ignored.

I RMA'd something from them (PSU?) a couple years back with no problems. I would give them a call at this point and stop emailing as its obviously not working as it should.

Antec has been hit and miss for me.

Bought an Antec 900 and it didn't come with enough MB screws. Emailed them and they sent me out a new set of screws.

Bought an Antec PSU and it wouldn't work, RMAed, replacement didn't work. Found out it didn't like GFCI breakers, every other PSU I've ever used worked fine on it (10+ makes/models). They pretty much said it wasn't their problem and was done with me.

Bought an Antec ISK100 ITX case. The hole for the IO plate is way off, no way you could ever use one. I'm also having a problem with the front USB ports, set1 has 1 working port with the 2nd giving power but no data. Set2 has 1 working and 1 dead. I haven't ruled out the MB being the issue with that so I haven't contacted Antec yet. I need to hurry up and do that as I've had it for 3-4+ months now lol

Huh never heard of PSU not liking GFI at all. If the GFI were properly wired (inspector can verify this) and the PSU still do not work, then the fault lies with PSU. It could be an unusual or illegal wiring design inside PSU that is tripping the GFI.

Back