• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec P-180 or Lian-Li PCB-7Plus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
I am completely torn between these two cases. I like the looks of both, and I am a fan/sucker for windows on cases (which of course I could have taken off for $10 cheaper).

I am looking to buy them here: www.performance-pcs.com

P-180 $150

Lian-Li Case $120

I am going for two things here, as most people are. I want it to be fairly quiet, and do well with cooling. I will be putting a Seasonic 600W PSU in it, with a DFI SLI-DR and 3200+ Venice with a gig of OCZ Gold 4000VX.

what it comes down to, is the new antec case really worth the extra $30 (plus shipping of course on both)?

I hope to buy these by the end of the week to get some parts together for my new system.

Probably better to get a top of the line Antec than a mid-range Lian Li. Then again, I've owned many Lian Lis and the internals of it look better than the somewhat cluttered P180 :p

I'd go with the P180 myself. The PC-7B PLUS is Lian-Li's lower end offering, and lacks features like a Motherboard Tray.
As for whether it's worth it to go with the P180, IMO it is. The P180 is reputed to be extremely quiet, and although the Lian-Li has very good fit and finish, with little vibration at all, it just doesn't compare.

okay, thanks for the opinions guys, any more of them?

I just got my P180 in today and it looks great. Can't wait to get it set up. You can get them less expensively. Mine was $150 with shipping:
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop...1100500U011_BF09960P.shtml&ORDER_ID=768712877

There was a $15 cheaper place, but they will not get any more stock until next week or so and I needed it sooner:
http://www.techonweb.com/products/productdetail.aspx?id=B73523

Crap- just checked and techonweb has them in stock. Looks like I could have saved some money. Oh well.

CJ

jtlee75 said:
CJ4, can you measure the total outside demensions for me? I can not find it online anywhere. height,depth,width? Thanks

According to the Performance-Pcs website listed above, the dimensions are:
21.3"(H) x 19.9"(D) x 8.1"(W)

Thanks. I was wanting to move to something a little smaller but still have some working room. The case I got now is huge. Almost 42" tall, 10" wide, and 23" deep.

CJ4 said:
I just got my P180 in today and it looks great. Can't wait to get it set up. You can get them less expensively. Mine was $150 with shipping:
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop...1100500U011_BF09960P.shtml&ORDER_ID=768712877

There was a $15 cheaper place, but they will not get any more stock until next week or so and I needed it sooner:
http://www.techonweb.com/products/productdetail.aspx?id=B73523

Crap- just checked and techonweb has them in stock. Looks like I could have saved some money. Oh well.

CJ
lol at CJ4, I was just going to cancel my order at techonweb (ordered last week) when I got an e-mail 1/2 hr ago, "shipped". :)

dogooder said:
lol at CJ4, I was just going to cancel my order at techonweb (ordered last week) when I got an e-mail 1/2 hr ago, "shipped". :)

Double check that it was shipped. I read that they have been sending out emails to backordered people to make sure that they still want them before they are shipped. Glad it worked out for you. $107 + shipping was a steal for this new case.

CJ

no such thing as a lower line lian li, cause the most cost effective lian li is better then 99% of other cases (something like a stacker could be better depending on applications) antec is a company going down hill as far as quality and innovation goes im personally staying away from them

CJ4 said:
Double check that it was shipped. I read that they have been sending out emails to backordered people to make sure that they still want them before they are shipped. Glad it worked out for you. $107 + shipping was a steal for this new case.

CJ
Just got back from fishing, and got e-mail and tracking #from techonweb. :)
And yes, I did have to verify I still wanted case.

You can get it at directron for cheaper (Here).

Once you figure in the new price difference, I don't think it's worth it. That's why I'm getting the PC-7.

the one at performance-pcs as two 120mm I believe not just the standard 80 and 120 from directron.

hafa said:
Remember that the 180 is steel while the Lian-Li is aluminium. If weight or corrosion inhibition is an issue, the Lian-li would have the edge.

but if silence is an issue, the p-180 will wipe the floor with the lian li.

thanks for the opinions guys, weight isn't really that big of a deal considering the one I currently have now is probably about 40lbs (old steel chemning or chieftec case, can never remember).

I'd say the Lian Li because you really can't go wrong with Lian Li. And I like how the Lian Li looks; better than the Antec IMO.

Back