• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec P180 Water loop setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RocKz.

Registered
Hello everyone,

I'm new to water cooling but have read up in the forums for a while now. I just wanted some advice from the pros before I setup my loop. I have already flushed/cleaned all my components. I was about to mount my D-Tek back plate for the motherboard when I thought to myself to ask the pros first. I will leak test the system for 24 hours and use papertowels to cover the bottom and PC components to check for leaks.

I just wanted to ask if this loop will be efficient enough. Let me know what you guys think. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

* I'm planning on water cooling because I want to lower my load temps and try to push my CPU a little further.

* I have already bought my water cooling setup which consists of:
D-Tek Fuzion V2 water block, Swiftech MCRes Micro rev2, MCR320 rad and a MCP 655 pump. I also already have my distilled water, tubing, clamps and Hydrx.

* I'm pretty good with mechanical tools but as for welding....not really.

* My case is the Antec P180 case and no plans on cutting it up. Plan to mount the rad externally at the rear.

* My PC components consist of:
Q6600 (G0), P5K vdroop pencil modded, G.Skill PC8500 2Gb x 2 sticks and OCZ 700W PSU.

Thanks,
RocKz.

Attachments

• Antec P180 WC Loop setup.jpg
    Antec P180 WC Loop setup.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 186
Thanks for your advice. What kind of load temps do you think I should be getting at 3.6GHz? The VID of my quad is 1.2125v. I was getting 62-65 with a lapped TRUE, for water I have no idea what to expect.

Hard to say on temps. You probably will load with 22C ambient about 53 on the cores, maybe a bit less since your VID is pretty low. At least you will be able to turn the fans on the rad to low for almost silent operation.

Again, it's hard to say, everyone's stuff is different. But you'll get very very good cooling with that setup.

A link to help you with putting it all together.
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=312743

Thanks for the link. I found your advice helpful, I actually already installed everything and did most of what you said. I didn't take apart the pump though. But I flushed every part with distilled water in the bathtub.

Oh something to add, I actually try to bleed the system before i turn on the pump. I put the water in watching the air come up through the tubes from the pump and turning the case so that the res is at the highest point and that the rad is at the lowest. I then watched all the air bubbles go through the tubes all the way up to the res and make sure to give the case some shakes until I don't see any more (big) air bubbles go through the case. I hope that will be helpful to someone. At least that way the pump won't be dry and the system won't take as long to bleed. Just remember to put the fill cap back on before shaking.....lol

It felt so rewarding turning on the pump for the first time and seeing the water flow in the res. My first loop......sweet! Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the information that I've read up on. Without them I would have no overclocking and guides to help me.:)

Here are some pictures of the loop. :)

Attachments

• Case exterior.jpg
    Case exterior.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0206 R.jpg
    DSCN0206 R.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 146
This was before the loop. Looks so much cleaner with the water loop. :)

Attachments

• DSCN0085 R.jpg
    DSCN0085 R.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 141
Back