• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Sonata VS Antec 1080AMG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tamasha_Strife

I need a case for my new rig. Here is what will go in it:
DFI Lan Party
XP2400+ Mobile
2x256 Corsair PC3200 RAM
These parts were OCed all the way to 266mhz FSB by Kunaak :O

My number one concern is noise although I don't want to sacrifice too much OC. I'll be cooling the CPU with a CNPS7000A AlCu and using Vantec Stealth fans. I've heard pretty good things about the Sonata being very quiet plus it looks great, but at the same time, I've heard very bad things about its airflow. Moreover the PSU that comes with it is only 380W versus the Antec 1080AMG's 430W. Basically I'd be looking at using 2 120mm Stealth fans that push 53cfm at 20dBa in the Sonata versus 5 80mm Stealth fans that push 27cfm at 21dBa in the 1080AMG so a little less noise but also quite a bit less cfm for the Sonata. What do you all think?

Also, if anyone has used a Sonata with a DFI Lan Party and a CNPS 7000A AlCu please tell me! It looks like it might be a reaaaally tight fit.

Back