• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antivirus of Choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which antivirus do you use?......and why.

• McAfee

Votes: 45 5.6%
  • Norton

Votes: 181 22.4%
  • Other

Votes: 583 72.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i use avg free edition, it may not have as many features as the other guys but its also free.....which is a big selling point for me :p . plus it still has auto updates all the time and stuff.

Another happy Kaspersky "Personal 5.0" user here. I must say, I go to some pretty "Shady" sites sometimes :eh?: , and Norton would always allow stuff to infect my system. With Kaspersky, I'm virus and spyware free since I got rid of Norton Professional 2004 (it's a POS IMO).

$34.95 for the year's worth of Kaspersky updates (Updates happen 2-4 times A DAY!!!), and Free Spybot S&D along with Free Spyware Blaster and Free Windows SP2 firewall have proven themselves to me over and over again. My PC is still alive in 2005! (Rhymes). So much better than Norton IMO...

:cool:

I thought I was an anomoly in using AVG on all my PC's, but apparrently not!..lolol
Good to see how trusted it is!!

Avast antivirus. The best there is, updates daily and is much better than AVG. Avast cleaned up 10 viruses on a machine that had AVG on it.

Can't beat the PC-Cilling package (virus scanner, spyware detector and firewall). :)

Been using norton forever. Recently I have been using Norton SystemWorks because of all the extra utilities like Speed Disk and WinDoctor. Norton also seems to be good about keeping up with current virus information. It is a performance hog, but my machine has no problems and i always turn it off when gaming.

While I don't used antivirus software, I have my Dad's machine running AVG. It seems to work great, but I like Trend Micro's PC-Cillian better. Sadly, my copy doesn't support Windows XP :(

I use quick heal antivirus software i found it years ago by looking for free one. When norten did not find a virus that i had in rig it found it. I did not use any for about 1 year and my rig started to slow down from spyware and a virus so purshused quick heal again. Another rig i was working on was running slow and it norton on it so i took out HDD and put it in my big rig. ran quick heal and it found 4 diffrent viruses and some spyware on them so i still like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back