• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any ASUS Prime X370 Pro owners out there ... besides me??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't remember seeing them when I was playing around with my X370 prime the other day.

I haven't seen this option in Prime X370 in 3 BIOS releases. It's hard to miss so long settings window ;)

No, I've looked around the BIOS a lot and have not seen the feature described for the Hero. I have seen the clocks and voltage drop when I am in Balanced power mode. Which is basically not ever since I have Bitsum High Performance Power plan enabled whenever BOINC is running. It looks like that you get what you pay for with the Hero, a fully featured, premium motherboard with a lot more options available to play with in the BIOS.

How does one recover the bios from a bad flash? I was using ezupdate in windows to flash 0515 that just came out and in the middle of flashing it just stopped, at about 1/3 of the way done. Now of course no post or anything. So how do I setup a flash drive to fix this?

Not sure. I don't believe we have the dedicated USB Flash recovery port on the I/O like the Hero does. Maybe put just the 0511 BIOS on a newly formatted USB Flash drive plugged into one of the I/O USB ports and hammer F8 to see if it will pick up the drive. There is the EZ Flash 3 utility on the board DVD supposedly too. But you would have had to have previously set up the BIOS to look for a bootable DVD first in the boot options. Really, the most likely road to success is to unplug the system and pull the CMOS battery to see if you can make it think it is brand new. There might be a possibility that you have bricked the motherboard into an unrecoverable state.

Anyone else been brave enough to be a guinea pig for this new 0515 BIOS?

In release notes is nothing interesting but will check that later this weekend I guess.

Well first thing I noticed is that the reported CPU temp is about 20° C from where it was before when loaded. So I guess that jibes with the release notes about changes to temperature reporting. First effect is that it throws the fan profiles all out of whack compared to previous BIOS'. Good thing for anyone with a lightly loaded system looking for quiet. Not so good if you want to run the processor flat out all the time. I had to go to manual fan control to get the fan speeds up to where I want them. Also noticed something strange with VDDCR_CPU. With the previous BIOS, it was essentially locked to default 1.350V irrespective of where you might be overclocking the frequency. Now it seems to make big .05V jumps in BIOS default reported voltages for every jump in overclocking. When I set the multipier to 38.5, the default voltage went to 1.400V. When I set the multipier to 39, the default voltage went to 1.450V. Just too much. So now I have a large negative offset going for stress testing to see where it should be running for my desired overclock.

How does one recover the bios from a bad flash? I was using ezupdate in windows to flash 0515 that just came out and in the middle of flashing it just stopped, at about 1/3 of the way done. Now of course no post or anything. So how do I setup a flash drive to fix this?

My first board didn't want to boot after successful flash and I had to make RMA. At the end I got board replacement. Recovery didn't work at all. I'm not really sure if you can make anything with it. On the driver's CD/DVD there is BIOS file. In general if you have optical drive then just run PC with and it should read file from CD/DVD and make recovery. The same it should read from flash drive. It's described in the manual.

Can someone check if the Prime Pro has this option please and thank you.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...air-VI-P-State-modification-for-power-savings

I don't remember seeing them when I was playing around with my X370 prime the other day.

I haven't seen this option in Prime X370 in 3 BIOS releases. It's hard to miss so long settings window ;)

I just checked the online manual and it has the AMD CBS in the advanced menu. If the option is there it'll be in that section.

The p-state option is not in the AMD CBS for X370 Prime. Its an exclusive for ASUS Crosshair.

Anybody else give 0515 a try yet? If so, curious what you are seeing with regard to the temps reported by the ITE8665 chip compared to the motherboard EC chip readouts. Also, anyone else see the VDDCR_CPU Voltage make big jumps when you change the multiplier?

I put 515 on on Saturday. So far, it works. Isn't making booting any better with my RAM, actually made it a smidge worse. Randomly get 'overclock failed' then load into bios only to hit F10 and it boots fine. Honestly with the CAR stuck at 1T, and my ram rated for 2T, it's not terribly surprising. Wish that RAM microcode/bios update was April, and not May.

What is VDDCR normally? Mines floating around 1.2V with auto enabled. No clue what it is normally.

Mine's been at 1.350V from Day One with my 1700X in Auto. At least with all the BIOS' up through 0511. The change in values occurred with 0515.

I just checked the online manual and it has the AMD CBS in the advanced menu. If the option is there it'll be in that section.

Bclk adjustment is also in the manual but somehow it's not in the BIOS ;) ... I have no idea why it's there as in theory this board has no additional chip to control bclk and if I'm right it's required.

@ Bluefalcon13
CR supposed to be 1N/T. It doesn't matter what is in your memory SPD/XMP, memory controller on Ryzen works at CR1. Every memory kit has CR2 or CR3 in SPD ( I think that only Patriot had 3 ) so it's compatible with all platforms. Some platforms simply won't run at CR1, especially at high memory capacity but on Ryzen motherboards are forcing all settings except 5 main timings.

Last edited:
An interesting observation just now. I just ran out of CPU work for my Ryzen system. So all the CPU has to do is support 4 GPU tasks with 4 CPU cores. That means the CPU is very lightly loaded now. Only about 50 watts or so. What I have just noticed is that the VDDCR_CPU voltage from the ITE8665 monitoring chip and the CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN) are now in agreement. Both are at 1.331V. When the CPU is loaded with work normally, I have seen the CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN) reported around 1.281V while the ITE8665 chip is still reporting 1.35V or so. The VRM regulator reporting voltage seems to respond to voltage droop or sag while the ITE8665 chip reporting seems to report everything as normal and never really changes.

For whatever it's worth, my Prime X370-Pro works just fine with the original BIOS and 4x16GB running at 2400. I just picked stuff from the HCL on the Asus site.

Back