• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Prime X370-Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis63

Registered
I have an ASUS Prime X370-Pro running an AMD Ryzen 7 1700 that works in UEFI then Locks up after a short while. One member (I forgot the name, sorry) said it could be the RAM so I replaced the Viper 2800 RAM with Viper 3000 RAM but that did not help. This RAM is supposed to be 100% compatible with this board. Any ideas?

I have an ASUS Prime X370-Pro running an AMD Ryzen 7 1700 that works in UEFI then Locks up after a short while. One member (I forgot the name, sorry) said it could be the RAM so I replaced the Viper 2800 RAM with Viper 3000 RAM but that did not help. This RAM is supposed to be 100% compatible with this board. Any ideas?
Can you take a screenshot of your UEFI settings? Also, does the system run at 100% stock without this issue?

I never did say anything else about my system like cooling did I. Sorry, I have a Thermaltake 3 120mm fan liquid cooler and 4 other fans in the case to 2 of which are 140mm. The system still locks up at UEFI defaults and I do have it overclocked to 3.850GHz but like I said it still locks up at defaults. I have run EZ Update so BIOS and all other drivers are up to date. As far as sending you a screen shot of UEFI what program should I run to show all those settings so I can send a screen shot? It seems no matter what I do it still locks up in UEFI only I have no other problems whatsoever in Windows 10 64 bit. Please let me know and I would love to send you the screen shot you ask for. Thanks.

I never did say anything else about my system like cooling did I. Sorry, I have a Thermaltake 3 120mm fan liquid cooler and 4 other fans in the case to 2 of which are 140mm. The system still locks up at UEFI defaults and I do have it overclocked to 3.850GHz but like I said it still locks up at defaults. I have run EZ Update so BIOS and all other drivers are up to date. As far as sending you a screen shot of UEFI what program should I run to show all those settings so I can send a screen shot? It seems no matter what I do it still locks up in UEFI only I have no other problems whatsoever in Windows 10 64 bit. Please let me know and I would love to send you the screen shot you ask for. Thanks.
Put a flash drive into the system, boot up and there is a hot key in uefi to take a screenshot. The system should not be locking up at default stock settings. If it is then you may need to contact amd and/or Asus to see what they recommend for troubleshooting.

OK, I'll try to do that for you in the next couple of days or earlier. I've put off contacting ASUS or AMD because I've had no problems anywhere else and the benchmarks are great but I am beginning to think that is exactly what I need to do.

Anubise63, you already posted about this issue in your previous thread in this same forum section. Is that a violation of the no double posting guideline?

Hi, yes I did post this on another thread and I got a couple of good replies but when I posted my last reply I didn't get any other answers so I thought it wasn't getting to anyone else, it was a continuation of my first question. I sincerely apologize if I caused any trouble I'm still trying to get used to how this forum works. I really did think no one saw my last question. I will stop this kind of activity write away and again I'm sorry.

It's not because people are ignoring you it's because no one has a good idea about what is causing your problem.

Go into bios and set all your values to Optimzied Defaults and set your RAM manually to 2400 mhz if Optimized default doesn't automatically do that. Usually there is a hot key for returning the system to Defaults like the F5 key.

What is the make and model of you PSU and how many watts is it rated for? What is the model of your video card? Are all components relatively new? What about your system drive? Please tell us more about your system components and please create a Signature. Go to upper right corner and click on Settings and then click on Edit Signature down the left side. You can use my Signature for a pattern if you wish.

Last edited:
Back