• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any clue on which block for an EVGA 1080 ti SC black edition?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tír na nÓg

Hi lads,

just stepped up to a 1080 ti sc BE and was wondering if there is any compatible block.

Could not find any on EKWB...

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think that is considered a reference design, therefore the PCB's should be the same with the FE but again, I'm not 100% sure.

I'm almost sure it's the same as FE. At least standard SC has the same PCB as FE.

it looks like an fe block would not work, if it has an icx cooler, there are other thingys on the pcb as marked in these images.

evga-ftw2-pcb-top_1.jpg

evga-ftw2-pcb-bottom.jpg

After checking EK's configurator, it shows that the 1080 FE blocks will work with this GPU.

EK won't have any blocks for eVGA 1080 TI's until this month. I doubt the FE block would work or EK would say it does.

That is for the non-reference FTW3 PCB.

it looks like an fe block would not work, if it has an icx cooler, there are other thingys on the pcb as marked in these images.

View attachment 191532

View attachment 191533

That would not work since its a non-reference FTW2 PCB.

Back