• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any DDR3 that's made in usa?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kathyjudd

Registered
I was just wondering if anyone came across DDR3 1866 or faster ram that's made in USA.

There came some that that are slower speeds but can't find anything that's 1866 or better.

To my understanding, kingston, AMD, patriot, and others like that merely have assembly plants where they take the pre made products and assemble them with their specs. I dont believe we have any ram production here in the usa.

edit: Im 100% positive mushkin receives products from asia. They are owned by a company called RAMTRON and they are completely fabless, they simply put a sticker on the ram.

To my understanding, kingston, AMD, patriot, and others like that merely have assembly plants where they take the pre made products and assemble them with their specs. I dont believe we have any ram production here in the usa.

edit: Im 100% positive mushkin receives products from asia. They are owned by a company called RAMTRON and they are completely fabless, they simply put a sticker on the ram.

I don't know of ANY manufacturer for RAM that doesn't put a label on someone else's ICs besides Samsung.

All DDR3 IC manufacturers are making their own OEM lines like Samsung, Hynix, Micron, Nanya or whatever else left on the market ( I don't think there is anything more ). It's like standard RAM with their label ( like Samsung Green which is like OEM but packed in blister ).

Mushkin and Corsair are manufacturers from USA but they make their memory using IC from already mentioned Samsung, Hynix, Micron, Nanya, ...

I think the only US manufacturer which is making memory on their own IC is Micron ( so you can add Crucial too ).

Electronics made in the USA many times means the import of materials. It means that making it over there at the same rate of pay, benefits... with everything else being exactly the same as in the US, would still be cheaper.

Electronics made in the USA many times means the import of materials. It means that making it over there at the same rate of pay, benefits... with everything else being exactly the same as in the US, would still be cheaper.
That wouldn't explain why Intel plans to investment 75% of its in the US, including the first 14nm plant. And Microchip, which specializes in chips that sell for a lot less and are made with much older processes (the kind China may have stopped using for its own chips), produces all its PIC microcontroller chips about 10-20 miles away from that Intel plant.

Back