• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any good, free driver update programs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wathnix

I am looking for a good, free program that will automatically find drivers for hardware that windows Device Manager cannot find drivers for. anyone got any ideas? I have a lot of computers in my family and I'm tired of playing 'hunt the driver' on new hardware installs. some of the programs I've seen online will find the drivers, but you have to do a pricey upgrade to automatically download all the drivers. I'm wanting something that is good, free and does things automatically.

Last edited:
More trouble than it's worth. Download the drivers once for each piece of hardware you have, and store them on a flash drive for when you need them on a new machine.

What sorts of devices do you have that Windows is unable to find drivers for?

I'm pretty sure that the poster is referring to drive updates, which do happen often for some hardware. There are a few good ones, check on sites like tomshardware.com, pcmagazine.com, and pcworld.com.

Back