• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any help with Terabyte iso image

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firas

Good day

the software Terabyte iso was recomended by a member here i am starting to love it . But i dont know how i can recover if windows go bad and i cant boot? I cant find how to make a cd recovery ? And can u also please tell me what is the mount image what is it for ? I am backing up to hdd always*

many thanks

Firas

For a recovery disk go to Control Panel->Backup and Restore-> Left Pane Functions lists create a repair disk. Mounting and Image is creating a virtual drive and whatever the contents of the image are are put in that drive. IE Take an image of a basic install, mount it to a virtual drive V:, you'd be able to then browse the image like it was on a disk.

For recovery images, the method I prefer requires a few drives. 1 Primary, 1 with the ISO image, and 1 Backup. If my Primary fails, I hookup the other two, boot to the backup installation of windows and use that to format the Primary, then Write the ISO backup back onto the Primary drive.

For this I use Acronis, it is a free utility from Western Digital and you can download and install it as long as you have a Western Digital Drive plugged into your computer (externals also work). Acronis also has recovery disk utilities that can come in handy just in case you lose your Windows one.

Enjoy, post back with any follow up questions.

Thank u very much very clear info as soon ad i get home will work on it

thanks much

I have also noticed on a ssd bakeup it always fail to do the byte by byte is this normall?

Thank u

Good day

the software Terabyte... i am starting to love it . But i dont know how i can recover if windows go bad and i cant boot?

TeraByte Image trial download versions cannot be used to create Boot USB/CD/DVD for DOS. They skip the screen where a License Key can be entered when creating Boot USB/CD/DVD for DOS.

*ONLY* full, non-trial versions downloaded by registered users with passwords from here
https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/product-download.php
allow for the License Key to be entered when creating Boot USB/CD/DVD/.

When creating a DOS boot USB/CD/DVD, use IFD-Create Recovery Boot Disk shortcut, to start a full, non-trial version of C:\Program Files (x86)\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Windows\V2\IFD\makedisk.exe
[Trial download versions cannot be used to create Boot USB/CD/DVD for DOS. They skip the screen where a License Key can be entered when creating Boot USB/CD/DVD for DOS.]

CHECK: CD Boot Image Files for USB/CD/DVD [UNCHECK only if creating a boot Floppy disk]
SELECT: 1024x768 - 64K for best display resolution.
CHECK: ATAPI DMA (PATA) to significantly speed up the process of reading from PATA CD/DVD drives
[UNCHECK only if creating boot media for very old PATA drives with no ATAPI DMA support].
CHECK: Align Partitions on 2048 Sectors - This option provides a convenient way to enable 2048 sector alignment for all drives, this is especially useful for SSD drives.
UNCHECK: Use Windows 9x MBR otherwise this will disable Windows Vista/7/8 compatibility.
[Leaving this option UNCHECKED allows for *both* Windows 9x and Windows Vista/7/8 compatibility.]

IMPORTANT: If selecting Target drive to be a USB drive, then SELECT USB Layout: No Partition FAT/FAT32 Volume. [Otherwise, leaving it on Normal - Raw Boot Image would not allow you to add additional files to your USB drive.]

Thank u this is grest detailed information i will try to fallow the steps one by one :) will come back if i need more help

thank u c627627 for directing me to this Software it is great

many thanks

please forgive me for any miss spelled worf im on my phone and at work 6 am my time :)

Last edited:
I have also noticed on a ssd bakeup it always fail to do the byte by byte is this normall?

Thank u

I use standard compressions normal backups with File Seize 4475 MB so they can fit on DVDs.

Attachments

• TeraByteImage.png
    TeraByteImage.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 62
Ok great But you dont use the Disable trim for ssd ??

because it says it is better to use it On ssd

Just asking dont know

thank u

Sounds like you are right and that it would take less time if you do CHECK that on SSDs. The only downside is if there is a problem and the operation freezes before it completes (which never happened to me) then you would have to manually re-enable TRIM.

I think the answer is to measure the time it takes with & without this being CHECKed to see how much time would be saved. Thank you for pointing this out, in the near future, I will measure the time difference on my system.

Attachments

• TRIM.png
    TRIM.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 49
For me its not really that bad , but again i dont have that much yet on my HDD

I am looking at there website they have this Bundle special i dont know should i get it ?? do i need all of them ?? i dont know what OSD Tool Suite Professional does should i get it as well ???

thank u

Yeah, I think there are some coupon codes floating out there, I don't know, maybe if you asked TeraByte they would give you 15% off themselves?

Most people only need Image for Windows and Image for DOS.

Back