• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any ideas on where to get malware free iconsets?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, I am looking to customize the crap out of my windows 7 ultimate, starting first with a modern, non-metro iconset replacer.

I have just gotten a Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB, and am now using my 1tb WD caviar black drive as the storage drive, and decided to make windows "mine".

I would make the icons myself, but knowing there are very high quality iconsets out there already, I find that to be a waste of my time, as I am likely to find something I like better.

As I am using Aero, with a "transparent as possible" setting, so if it matches that look, that is what I'm going for.

Another related question: Is it possible to change the Start icon as well in 7? as it was in XP with...I forget the program, but it let you change EVERYTHING as far as the gui went, including start screens and the boot logo. I don't trust websites that tout "free" like its going out of style; you tend to miss the fine print :p

Thanks!

Good find! I'll see if i can't dig up some preset somewhere there and tweak it to my preferences :D

Back