• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any thoughts on the Samsung HD501LJ 500GB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

I am looking to buy a hard drive for my new system and am looking for a great bang for the buck along with speed and quality.

Does this drive fit these requirements?

I was considering a 2x36gig raptor raid 0 setup for my os and a large drive like this for storage...but have decided against spending $200 on 72gigs heh....I really doubt I will need that kind of speed. I don't rip movies or do large movie editing or large file editing. For games I doubt the raptors in raid 0 would help a huge amount with level loads.

thoughts?

SavageBasher said:
oem, no cable

and yes

so...it does not come with a cable, but the motherboard I ordered comes with the "right" cable.

I think thats what you saying :)

Anyone with any thoughts about the Samsung HD501LJ 500GB being a good or bad hard drive?

yea thats what he is saying mobos come with a load of sata and power adatpers.

bLack0ut said:
get seagate perp drives, they have nice performance and nice warranties :)

I bought this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16822148140

well am ABOUT to hit the buy button....I THINK it's a good drive...it has a lot of good reviews and at less the $.25 per gig I believe one of the best bangs for the $ if not THE best bang for the buck...

Please let me know if I made a poor choice... Thanks

nothing wrong with that one! i am going to be buying one in the next few weeks. i did pick up the 80gig 7200.10 and this thing is just as quiet or quieter then the 80gig barracuda ATA-IV drive i have, DAMN! i hear my cpu fan over the HD!

Yeah thats the ones he was talking about. Avoid the Samsung HD curse.

man...the samsung went down in price again!

@ $119.99 and free shipping thats ~$.23998 / gig for 500gigs

and the Seagate @ $79.99 and free shipping ~$.24997 / gig for 320gigs

NO!!!! I lost out on $1.80 if I had chose the Samsung AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! why me..... WHY!!!!!

Back