• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any way to get in touch with the competent version of Microsoft Support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mario1

Grammer, its my favoriate thing
Any ideas?
I've made 3 topics in their 'support forums', they either don't reply at all or some indian dudes tell me to do a factory restore and remove all my programs...
I'm sick of support representatives like 'Wassemulla' and 'Saripul' - they either don't get paid enough or they're a bunch of lazy who don't have to do in order to get their paychecks...
I'm having multiple problems with the OS I paid for, it supposedly came with '2 year extended support' or something like that, yet all I get is "Oh well, do a factory restore, convenience."..
No1 does their job properly at the support forums, I can't reach the darn live support guys cause they're always 'busy' and I have no idea who the hell am I supposed to contact. :rain:

Last edited by a moderator:
you bought the OS from Dell?

if your having OS issues you should be contacting MS no?
I didn't buy it from Dell.
Its from the official Microsoft store. I tried contacting Microsoft support as stated above, but with no luck whatsoever.

LOL!

stupid me, i saw the names and assumed Dell. DOH!

i am sure they will run you through the hoop's since you are a buisness customer and havent paid for some ridiculously priced support, i know most dell phone support charges a fortune for 1 hour of talk time.

LOL!

stupid me, i saw the names and assumed Dell. DOH!

i am sure they will run you through the hoop's since you are a buisness customer and havent paid for some ridiculously priced support, i know most dell phone support charges a fortune for 1 hour of talk time.
I'm trying to contact Microsoft's official support, not Dells'. I'm not affiliated with Dell in any way, shape or form.
I guess its my terrible English that misled you.

I'm trying to contact Microsoft's official support, not Dells'. I'm not affiliated with Dell in any way, shape or form.
I guess its my terrible English that misled you.

No no, don't worry, it's not the English. It's just that whenever someone posts here with a problem, someone from Dell support (usually with a very Indian sounding name) makes a new account and posts for the original poster to contact them...but doesn't really solve the problem in any way.

You will have much better luck listing your issues here than you ever will with any support from anyone else.

I've made 3 topics in their 'support forums'.

Even on other topics, let alone computer-related topics, I've gotten quality answers here.

Not only were the answers top notch, but I got them quicker here then on forums "dedicated" to those topics.

I know I'll most-likely get all my problems solved here, but I wanted to get the right answers from Microsoft support. Was wondering if I could reach someone on a higher level so I can b@%! about their support.
I guess I'll post a topic here.

I have several important questions I have been wanting to ask a competent official Microsoft support person for the last 10 years. I was not able to find such a person in the last 10 years.

I was also not able to find such a person at the Consumer Electronics Show 2012 and Microsoft had a huge presence there for the 2012 show and I talked to everyone that was on the floor.

If you or anyone know how to contact a competent Microsoft support representative, please private message me now or any time in the next five or ten years.

I have several important questions I have been wanting to ask a competent official Microsoft support person for the last 10 years. I was not able to find such a person in the last 10 years.

I was also not able to find such a person at the Consumer Electronics Show 2012 and Microsoft had a huge presence there for the 2012 show and I talked to everyone that was on the floor.

If you or anyone know how to contact a competent Microsoft support representative, please private message me now or any time in the next five or ten years.

Now you got me curious as to what the questions are. Please do tell.

Here's one of them:

Windows XP has not reached end of life yet. I keep Internet Explorer 6 installed on it because IE7 or later break the following functionality:

When you go to your Favorites folder and right click on a web link > Properties > Change icon...
you can set custom icons for links used by Internet Explorer.

By the way, Favorites folder links can also be used by Firefox through this Add-on:
http://www.iosart.com/firefox/plainoldfavorites/

However, when you update to IE7 on Windows XP or if you use Vista/7/8 where IE7 or later is already installed, clicking on Change icon always goes to Shell32.dll instead of giving you the location of the custom icon file, like it does on machines with IE6 installed.

This is about when we use our own icons stored in our own folders as *.ico files which we use as custom icons for web links.

Attachments

• Favicon1.jpg
    Favicon1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Favicon2.jpg
    Favicon2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 53
Not all of these are bugs, but here's what bothers me the most about Windows 7 (I am looking forward to testing some of this on Windows 8 soon).

• Windows XP allows you to group files or folders on different parts of the screen whereas in Windows 7, you can *only* do this on its Desktop and nowhere else. Windows 7 has no option to turn Auto-Arrange off.

• Windows 7 Search Engine is more difficult to use and not as reliable as Windows XP Search Engine.

• Error-checking an external drive under Windows 7 results in a memory leak. If you use Windows 7 to check a (large) external drive for errors, you will run out of system resources due to a memory leak bug. There is no known fix.
EDIT: Windows 8 fixed this problem which was still present in Windows 7 as of 2014.

• When you right click on a web shortcut link, the correct current location of its custom icon is not displayed. But this is a problem on every system from which IE 6 is removed and replaced by Internet Explorer 7 or later, even if you use other web browsers.

Last edited:
• Error-checking an external drive under Windows 7 results in a memory leak. If you use Windows 7 to check a (large) external drive for errors, you will run out of system resources due to a memory leak bug. There is no known fix.

Never had that problem. I used a 1 TB Western Digital external (USB) HDD and never had a memory issue. With only 4 GB of DDR2.

This can be replicated with Windows 7 and large external drives and doing a long, extended hard drive scan. After a while the system will slow down.

There is a whole thread about this here where people thought this did not exist and then we replicated this problem, which is especially evident if the machine has another OS on it, so that when you reboot into the other OS, like Windows XP, you would see that performance was not affected there during the long extended EXTERNAL hard drive scan.

In here:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614387

Oh , I believe you. Last post was just thinking out loud. I only ran the Windows disk check before doing a backup. I'll read the thread , sounds interesting.

Back