• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any X99 Linux users out there? Advice needed, please...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bestia

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum, so far I've only read the Intel OC sections :)

So, it seems like I got overexcited and spent the money on a 5930K and an Asus X99 Deluxe (BIOS 0904). The problem I have is the following: I have a multi-threaded Linux program that needs accurate time measuring, or else it will malfunction.
Because of a bug in the Asus BIOS, the Linux kernel disables the TSC time source and falls back to a time source that has far less accuracy. I'm considering selling the X99 Deluxe and purchasing another board, however I'm afraid I will hit the same issue on the new board since everybody may be using the same AMI BIOS code base. I know for example that some Z97 Gigabyte boards have similar issues.

If there are any Linux users on X99, could you please post the output of the command:

Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource

On my Fedora 20 running kernel 3.16, this returns something like "hpet acpi_pm". Kernel version should not matter much, what I need is to find a board that returns something like "tsc hpet acpi_pm".

Thank you very much!! :salute:

Back