• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody else catch Futurama's new episode?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stompah

Deep Pain Senior Member
They had a satirical episode about crypto coin mining.

All the episodes are on Hulu, makes it easy to binge.

I've watched the series at least once. And I've had it playing in the background while doing other things.

All episodes are on Disney+ too. For me, all new (so far) episodes are pretty bad. Like they have no new and original ideas, but someone pushed them to make more episodes (no wonder with so many fans). Each time the show gets back on screens is in a bit different style and with worse ideas. Everything seems the same, but stories and dialogues are getting more shallow and predictable. Maybe I just expect more, but I don't get what was the point of releasing this bitcoin episode. The topic has no place to be in year 3000+ and in its current form it's pretty much dead in our current year too. There are just too many questions "why?" during the whole episode, even not related to bitcoin, but things like wild west and others.
Don't mean me wrong, I was watching older episodes multiple times, and I enjoy them a lot. Maybe I just expect too much from a show that was canceled 3 or 4 times already.

Hulu and Disney are conjoined.

Sometimes rebooting something from the dead isn't going to give the results of the past.

At least in Poland Disney+ doesn't include everything that is in the US ... and it costs the same :( I was trying to use it with VPN, but it was disconnecting way too often.

i hope it moves to other streaming services. i'm not a big fan of hulu or disney pus and i kinda dont want the rest of their crap
paramount or hbo what ever its called now would've made more sense to me than hulu

Disney+ has been available in Poland since last year. I don't know why, but it was delayed for a couple of years. Anyway, I see it's flooded by Marvel and Star Wars. Even Disney animations are not in the first place. I'm sick of Marvel, and Disney literally killed Star Wars for me. I feel like everything they do is a hard push for money, and they don't even care if it has any sense. They just release multiple mediocre series about everything that may give some money or sell toys or whatever. Every single series was disappointing. Even though people like Mandalorian then every episode is based on the same scheme and it was simply boring and pretty stupid for me.
I had Disney+ almost because there was a promo, so I had it for $15 for a year, but it ends soon, and I think I won't pay more.

HBO Max has something good from time to time, but closer to once per month. I pay for Amazon Prime only because it covers shipping, and for some reason, we had a promo of $10 for a year, and their system automatically extended it for the next year. I'm barely using their streaming service as it's hard to find anything there, and recently everything interesting is additionally paid. I still save a lot on shipping, so I won't complain.

Btw. the last two Futurama episodes are a bit better, but also nothing special. In a week should be released last season of Disenchantment. If anyone likes this type of series, then probably it will be much better. It runs on Netflix.

Oh, absolutely! The new episode of Futurama was a treat. It's fantastic to see the show making a return and continuing to deliver its unique blend of humor and futuristic concepts. The characters and their antics never fail to entertain. What were your favorite moments from the episode?

I think they reanimated it 3 or 4 times already. I see on the web it was on Fox, Comedy Central, and now Hulu. As I remember, Fox was closing it 2 times. Disney+ streams it under Star (at least in Poland).

Back