• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody seen a block like this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

This is a new one for me. I was poking around eBay and stumbled across it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SC-VG66-Cop...30704?pt=US_Water_Cooling&hash=item2a38b9dad0

There are multiple problems. One, there's no branding, no warranty, and a 7-day return policy, so quality is a big question mark. Two, I'm not sure the MOSFET surface and the GPU surface are on the exact same plane, but I kinda doubt it. Three, it costs too much, particularly given the questions.

All that said, given my recent issues I'm intrigued by a block that covers the GPU and power section. I'm not sure how well that design would work given that there's no water near the copper for the power section, but it's interesting anyway.

Anybody seen a design like this before?

Never heard of them. Do they have any sort of reputation? Good, bad, indifferent?

I only see a few references from searching here. It seems their reservoirs were well received, but their CPU block not so much.

Doesn't look that bad to me, especially after the link Thid posted.
Worth a shot, IMO.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SC-V...Series-GPU-water-cooling-head/1400198009.html

Anybody done business with that website? I've seen the name around but the stuff I was after was always available elsewhere so I never considered them. The install directions are the kind of pure gold only available from bad machine translations.

"Finally, then 6 2.5 * 6 screws on the backplane in the video, and then the catheter soaked in hot water to soften after a period of time set in the G1/4-8-90 degree copper elbow on the outer ring, spring card with the guide tube can be fixed to the elbow."

I mean, I work in the medical field and all, but I never considered starting a catheter on my computer! :sly:

Last edited:
Also, I think you can use a reference 670 block if yours is the reference PCB.

Also, I think you can use a reference 670 block if yours is the reference PCB.

This is true, but those blocks don't sell for $60 shipped. :D

I'm intrigued, but not intrigued enough to risk it I don't think.

Never hurts to check eBay for a 670 block :)

That's how I stumbled across that first link. eBay is bad for my wallet, lol. We'll see what I come up with. It'd be a shame to just shutter the heatsinks and MCW82 that I put this setup together with.

Last edited:
Chinese wannabe water cooling company. They don't even show the internals. Idk about you guys but I would never. They even sell aluminum rads. smh

Did you look at the test results on the web site? They got 73C with that cooler, that's air temp range. A good gpu water block should get you around 50C max.

Completely wrong. They got 73°C with the air cooler and 28°C with the water block.

Look again.

Did you look at the test results on the web site? They got 73C with that cooler, that's air temp range.

I did look. While the testing isn't complete or reliable, the reason that 73 deg C is "air cooling" type of temps is because that was the result with the stock air cooler. Perfectly understandable really.

28c on idle? Idle or load temps? What ambient? What metals are being used? I wouldn't trust them even if they said copper. Kind of like getting a block of gold and not knowingly it's made 90%+ of concrete. If there's no reputable company on the line, mainly a US company, I ain't buying. I bought those knockoff PSU's from a chinese company on ebay once as it almost took my PC with it. Luckily I was home when the PSU went as who knows what would have happened next. Speaking of which I've even heard they have concrete in those too to make them feel heavy as a real PSU.

Jack,

It shows both idle and load temps.
Looks like its acrylic and copper, but you never know.

Other than running the test rig in a industrial fridge, those result's probably aren't far from the truth compared to my gfx card. HD4870 with EK HD3870 block on it. idles at around 30 and maxes out short of 40 and that is with CPU pushing heat on it at 4.6Ghz OC.
Both cards have same TDP only difference being that they run dual 120mm rad for the card alone where I run 360mm for the card and CPU. And then there is the fact that I run PWM fans currently that keep the idle delta little bit higher than I could.

Back