• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone getting ANTEC case...LOOK HERE FIRST PLEASE !!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I guess that is what Antec is talking about at their site when they say there are fakes being sold.

There is NO difference between the two cases. Both are manufactured in Taiwan by a company called Chengming. Antec and Chieftec slap their labels onto them and sell them in America.

The Antec is more $ because it's a recognized brand name, and it comes with a quality PSU and two fans. I'm not sure whether the Chieftec includes fans or not.

You are also paying for Antec's warranty.

-Ace-

not all of them, if you go to pricewatch, and type the model number, if on the far right column, it says something like sx1200, or sx1030 or whatever, that is a real antec case. thats how you tell the diff

i have an alienware computer, and if im correct, chieftec supplys the "antec" cases to alienware. but ive seen pics of antecs, and the interior/exterior are the same. also, chieftec and antec are the same company or something like that, so cheiftecs are NOT fakes. i read that info somewhere, where i forgot. its just direct selling and middleman or something like that.

or does anyone know of a web site that does modding on their cases like with fans and such... not pcmods.com they don't put fans on the sides...The thing i don't like about this case is that it ain't aluminium nor it has a slideable door... aluminium makes a world of difference.. plus that case weighs a ton and a half.

trust me the case is heavy but still better than any Al case out there! It is simple a great case! I got a 830 the other day for 50bucks and I would doubt anyone can find even a knock off Lian for 50bucks shipped!

errr

Well i bought this case under the Uneec badge with a Uneec power supply and it has served me very well. If I knew Antec built it I would never have bought it. Antec power supplies are complete crap. I have had two blow on me and take out good mobos. They weren't intested in making good on the hardware either, just the PSUs and even then, they sent me PSUs that were 50 watts less than what I had originally.

Kiss my *** Antec. I only buy Enermax or Powerman now.

Meaty

I bought a Uneec, with no psu- $70 retail, drove home with it.

Same as the Antec, only no door which I think is a plus.

Nice case, Chenming makes good stuff, but I like picking my own psus anyway.

are these cases comparable to aluminium cases? please explain... i want a case with a removable tray this one doesnt so its hard to install mobo easier...

Back