• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone getting ANTEC case...LOOK HERE FIRST PLEASE !!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mine is not, I don't know if others are.
What I've seen as far as aluminum cases is that they LOOK cool, and are well built and designed, but I haven't seen anything showing any real improvement in cooling.

And they are BIG $$$. Which lets ME right out, cheap sob that I am.

does anyone know of a site where i can get this specific case moded already like with some fans on the sides window kit up top etc..? or i u know of a site that mods cases with fans on sides and window kits and has wide variety let me know... i know www.pcmods.com and www.wahoocomputers.com mods them but expensive and not wide varitey of mods on pcmods.com

Genoide said:
why is it better then any aluminium case?

It is cheaper, bulletproof, very high quality, and very easy to work with. I think a 200 dollar Al case might be sweet but it ain't better adn i won't magically cool your case. how often you take out the mobo anyhow? I switch mobos now and then but the tray removal just isn't that important to me.

Lian-LI PC65 with window kit pre-installed $209.95 $209.95
Weight: 40.00 lbs. each
Power Supply Option is No Power Supply at this time
Lian-Li I/O gamer port is No I/O port option
92mm fan kit is Laser Cut blow holes with 92x92x38mm fans, 55.1 CFM, grills and filters included + $40.00 $40.00 $40.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Shipment Weight: 40.00 lbs. Subtotal: $249.95
Should i get this case... its very expensive i'd have to convience my parents... but since its aluminium... i don't know what to do... i dont want much noise and i want the case to last me a long time and i will be able to get nice ambient temps without much noise. or should i get the antec/chieftic models and it there won't be much difference? and if u know a site where i can find this case moded already pls give me a link

If it was me, I'd go for the Chengming, Antec version if you want the door.

The extra money could by other stuff!

But if you want cool looks, and so forth that case does look nice.

If I was going to spend that kind of money I think I'd go Koolance!

If you want the door, Antec is the one that has it, I think.

I don't think you can get the doors on the Lian-Li cases.

Not sure though; I've looked at them online, but I'll never get one because of the cheapness thing!

what i ment what i wanted a door with fans/ or window + fans i want 2 fans on the sides and 1 fan on top thats how i want to mod my case, and that is the only reason why am looking for a site that has options to fully customise a case.

Well... i want that for an antec case also since am not going to get that aluminiun case ... to expensive so am looking for a site, been searching for one like 2 days already... if u know of any let me know

Don't know of any sites, but there are some guys here who have done mods for people in the past.

I bet you could do it yourself, and think of the satisfaction you'll have in doing it too!

I would buy the Enermax from NewEgg. It comes with a dual fan Enermax PS 330Watt.

Enermax Beige/White, 10-Bay, Enermax 330W P-4 PS, Server Tower Case ATX. 4 X 5.25" Bays, 2 X 3.5" Bays, 4 X 3.5" Hidden. Enermax EG351P VE(2 BB Fans)(AMD Recommended power supply.) power supply. 3 Fans. Dimensions: W205*D473*H522 (mm). Please see images. Fedex Saver Shipping $15.00

Koolance new case is using the Antec case. There is a company that is selling the Antec with top and side fan cut outs.

Click the link, http://frozencpu.com/

http://www.coolcasemods.com/gallery.php

Last edited:
where can i get the sx630 or sx635 online w/ a good price and a low shipping fee???

it can be by cheiftec/chenming or whoever

if anyone from Los Angeles is reading this and if you've been to the latest computer show tell me if u've seen the antec cases there and if possible a price.

AceTKK said:
There is NO difference between the two cases. Both are manufactured in Taiwan by a company called Chengming. Antec and Chieftec slap their labels onto them and sell them in America.

The Antec is more $ because it's a recognized brand name, and it comes with a quality PSU and two fans. I'm not sure whether the Chieftec includes fans or not.

You are also paying for Antec's warranty.

-Ace-

So basically Antec is slathering Chieftains name by warning that there are fakes out there and at the same time trying to force the bandwagoners to spend more money on thier case, which is actually made by the same company as the Chieftain...

Reason #435 not to buy Antec.

Back