• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone had experience with non intel Hyrbid SSD like HighPoint RocketHyrbid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

givmedew

All I could find on thise site was http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675022&highlight=rockethybrid

I found one review of it online but I would consider it dated when comparing it to todays SSD's

The reason I ask is I'm a big fan of the Intel caching system but want to have this ability on a x58 board (wife's computer). Also it seems like this thing can utilize more than 64GB of SSD and you can even tell it not to accelerate certain things or force it to accelerate others.

Right now it is on newegg for $25 which is reasonable but only prob is it is the external version which I am not certain would work out... I would not want to put the drives in external enclosures because at that point I may as just well pay $50 for the internal type on amazon.

Anyways I'm hoping someone has had some experience with this and maybe some experience with a drive larger than 64GB. I would be tying it to a 3TB WD RED drive if that is possible (just got the red still in bubble wrap).

My wife's computer is horribly slow compared to mine and I thought I was going to be able to do the Intel Cache thing after updating the firmware on the bios and controller with a 3rd party ROM but I was wrong... The option is in controllers bios menu but not on the Windows Intel software so Intel wins that one!

Let me know if any of you have used this or any other cache system other than intel and revo.

Back