• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know this Corsair KIT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geist

Registered
Is there any reason why I can´t find anything about this Corsair 2x8 Gb Kit (including Corsair´s website)?

CMZ16GX3M2A1866C9

I´m looking for oc-results and anything that could help me getting more out of it than what is offered by the XMP preset. Does someone know this kit or maybe owns it himself?

My suggestion is to raise your FSB and see where that takes you (lower CPU multiplier first). Overclocking ram really yields extremely little to no returns however... just not worth it. Also, thats DDR3 and your system in your sig(needs updated?) is DDR2. No worky. :)

@Geist , what revision is this memory ( you have it on the sticker rev. xx.xx or something ) ? and on what platform you want to overclock it ?

Thanks for the replies!

My signature isn´t up to date, of course. So the rig we´re talking about is this:

Asus Maximus V Extreme
2700k (NH-D14)
CMZ16GX3M2A1866C9
AX-1200

@Geist , what revision is this memory ( you have it on the sticker rev. xx.xx or something ) ? and on what platform you want to overclock it ?

Rev. is 5.29.

What irritates me is why there seems to be so little information about this kit on the web. I mean if you want to go 16 Gb + oc with only two sticks this kit seems to be THE way to go when comparing with the alternatives. Hell, even the new Dominator 16 Gb kits don´t come with better specs. This given, I have no real clue what to expect in terms of speeds higher than 1866 CL9 so I was actually looking for some advice/sharing of experiences in these respects...

Hynix IC so you can try:
1866 9-10-9-27 1T or 8-10-9-27 1.50-1.60V
2133 9-11-10-27 1T 1.60-1.65V

Command Rate 1T should be working fine on this platform but if you notice any instability then switch it to 2T.

Except that, you can play with sub timings. Best is to download Mem TweakIt and just try in Windows how low can you drop tertiary timings. Secondary are usually harder to move but you can try to set lower tRFC. I don't know what values will be under auto setting but if you have ~170 then try ~145 or ~128 etc.
Set latency boundary to some lower values instead of auto. Try something like 7 and check how much you can drop it. It you won't be able to boot @7 then try 10.
All these settings won't give you much higher performance but you can play to get up to ~1GB/s higher transfers.

Thanks for the input, Woomack. I´m currently running 9-10-9-27-1T with 1.5 Vdimm at 1866. I tried 2133 with up to 1.65 Vdimm but it was no good even at 2T. This is actually quite disappointing.

Odd, judging by the revision these should use Hynix 4Gbit ICs which G.Skill uses on some of the TridentX DDR3-2400 kits.

So you´re saying I´m actually good for more than 1866? What am I possibly doing wrong?

Just because they are hynix does not mean they are the good clocking chips.

They are likely binned worse. I had a set of Patriot sticks would not budg from 1866 no matter the timings or voltage.

Just because they are hynix does not mean they are the good clocking chips.

They are likely binned worse. I had a set of Patriot sticks would not budg from 1866 no matter the timings or voltage.

Last time I did any oc to anything other than a smartphone was back in the days of DDR2, so it´s actually more likely that it is me who is the reason for zero success with this. :)

Back